25. Catching Up

"Soooo have you and Mateo said the L word?" Alison asks with her eyebrows raised and a smirk on her face

"Soooo have you and Mateo said the L word?" Alison asks with her eyebrows raised and a smirk on her face. I told her how I finally figured out my actual feelings and that I love him. Which was a bad choice since she keeps bugging me about it.

"No we haven't," I rolled my eyes at her. "And like I've told you before, when the time is right we both will say it. I just have a feeling it's going to happen soon." I say confidently as we walk back to the car. We came to the mall to do some early Christmas shopping since December is right around the corner. I bought Dad some nice long sleeves, and a rose perfume for Mom. She's always using mine so I decided to get one for her. I still have to look for Christopher's and Mateo's presents. I already have an idea of what to get them, I just have to set that aside for another time.

"You wanna go eat at Steph's? We haven't gone in a while," Alison says while we get into my car. "Sure, I don't mind," I agree and turn on the car. Alison is in charge of music as she always does when we're hanging out. She plays "Hey Kids" by Molina, which is a pretty good song.

"So how are you and Ale doing?" I ask her since she hasn't really mentioned him throughout our time together today. "Uhh we're good. The same as always you know." She sighs when she's done talking. That's strange. Usually when I bring him up, she gets excited and starts talking about all the things he tells her. "Well it doesn't seem like you guys are good. What's wrong?"

"No we're good Veronica haha. Sorry if I made it seem like we aren't," she clarifies and I nod my head. I don't say anything back and focus on the road ahead of us. It's quiet for a couple of minutes until Alison breaks the silence. "I know you don't like talking about this and you don't have to answer it if you don't want to...but have you thought about college?" My grip on the steering wheel tightens and my breath hitches. I haven't thought about it since Mateo said he would help me through everything. He doesn't bring up anything that will make me overthink and such. But maybe I should start thinking about it.

"Uhh I- I haven't thought about," I shake my head while talking. "But maybe I should you know? This year is about to end and graduation is coming closer and closer. Umm have you thought about it?" I ask her hoping she notices the nervousness in my voice.

"Yeah I have thought about it, I'm applying at three different schools but I'm thinking about a few others." She confirms and I mutter a small 'oh really?'

"I didn't mean to bring it out of nowhere Vero, I just want to make sure you have a plan."

"No it's fine Ali, I know you didn't mean anything bad. Now that you brought it up I might actually start searching for some schools, I'll ask Mateo to help." I respond.

"If you need help with anything just call me. You know I always answer you." She says while nudging me lightly since I'm driving.

"Yeah of course. I won't hesitate to call." I smile and glance at her quickly before averting my eyes back onto the road.