39. Safe

"Okay," Mom catches our attention as we stand in the lobby of our hotel

"Okay," Mom catches our attention as we stand in the lobby of our hotel. "We are trusting each couple to share a room." Alison and I look at each other in shock. Our Mom's are being very lenient on this trip, I mean we aren't complaining, we just find it weird. "But if we find out one of you is doing something bad, you will be sleeping in our room." She smiles and hands Alison and I the room keys.

I look up at Mateo and see his cheeks are red. "We've slept in the same room before," I chuckle and elbow his stomach lightly.

"I know," he chuckles and rubs the back of his neck. "But this feels different. I don't know, maybe it's more intimate." He smiles shyly at me and I raise my brows.

"Well," I grab his hand and pull him towards the elevator. "Let's see where the night takes us."

When we walk into the elevator, he kisses the top of my head. The rest of the group walks into the elevator and we go up to the third floor.

"Mom, what are we gonna do today?" I ask her as she texts someone on her phone.

"I was thinking we can rest for a little bit and then go walk around and get something to eat. Does that sound good with everyone?" Everyone agrees with her and the elevator door opens.

I look down at the key card and read the number. Room 1012. I turn to the right since our room is that way. Everyone else's room's are on down to the left. Kind of good, a little more privacy you know.

My eyes scan each room that we pass until we get to ours. I put in the key card and opened the door. It's a fairly small room but it could still be considered spacious. There's a queen size bed in the middle, two nights stands on each side, a TV on the wall, and my favorite part is the window. It shows some of the New York buildings and I am amazed once again at the view.

Mateo walks in behind me and shuts the door once he places our bags down.

"Aren't you excited?" I turn to look at him with a huge smile. He walks up to me and wraps his arms around me. My body relaxes against him and I try to get as close as possible to him.

"I'm very excited. I'm just tired from the plane ride," he tells me and I nod my head.

"Do you wanna take a nap before we start getting ready?" He moves back to look down at me but still has his arms around me.

"Yes please." He answers. I get up on my tip toes and peck him on the lips.

"Okay well let's take a nap then." I pull away from him and walk to the right side of the bed. He does the same but just walks to the left side. We both climb into the bed and get situated under the covers. I open my arms for him and he immediately falls into my embrace. He lays his head on my chest, his arms are around my waist holding me tight, and our legs are tangled together.

I look down and see his eyes are already closed. His face is relaxed and I can tell sleep is going to consume him any second. I kiss his forehead lightly and whisper into his ear.