03. Alison And Alejandro Sitting In A Tree

After walking around for a good 20 minutes, I was able to calm down and head back to class

After walking around for a good 20 minutes, I was able to calm down and head back to class. Yes, I know it took me 20 minutes to calm down, and I don't really think Ms. Garcia will have a problem with it if she sent Mateo out to check on me.

Ugh I need Alison. Thankfully, after this class we have lunch, I need to tell Alison what happened. As I'm walking back to class the bell rings, and coincidentally the hallway I'm in is where Alison's class is. One of the doors opens, and Alison walks out looking bright red with a huge smile on her face.

She doesn't notice me because she's talking to someone. Once I look up and see who she's talking to, I have to blink dramatically to make sure I'm not seeing things. Alejandro Mendoza. Is standing next to my best friend. More specifically, smiling down at her.

I stare at the scene in front of me in shock. Absolute shock. Just this morning Alison was saying she couldn't talk to him and now look at her. I wonder what they're talking about.

Once they're finished talking Alison seems like she's in a daze. I go up to her and she looks like a lovesick puppy.

"Alison. Were you just talking to Alejandro? Or do my eyes deceive me?" I tell her as she just smiles even harder. "Yup. Ugh he is so nice and even better looking up close," she says. Yeah she's complete out of it.

"Well I have to go back to my English class to get my stuff. After we'll go to lunch and you can tell me about your little love story," I say with a teasing tone. She just nods her head and we start heading back to Ms. Garcia's class. Once we're there I go in quickly and apologize to Ms. Garcia for running out. She's nice enough to not ask what happened which I was very grateful about. I bid her a goodbye and walked out of the classroom.

Arriving at lunch Alison and I continue the same routine we have had since freshman year. Which is just getting in line for food and going straight to our table which is at the back at the cafeteria. Usually it's just Alison and I sitting there, so we're pretty much comfortable talking about whatever.

"So Ali, care to explain why you were talking to Alejandro?" I tell her in a very questioning yet surprising tone. "Well, the teacher made us have assigned seats and she assigned Alejandro and I together. At first I was super nervous, but we actually had a nice conversation," Ali says with red cheeks and a smile.

"Is that all?" I say while raising an eyebrow. Knowing Alison she likes to say the best part at the end. "He asked for my Instagram! What more could I ask for. The captain of the soccer team finally talked to me and asked for my Instagram!" she tells me with love written in her eyes.

"Alison and Alejandro sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-,"

"STOP VERO STOP!" Alison says as her cheeks turn a deep red color.

I started to laugh at how her face looked when she realized what I started singing. Ahh nothing feels better than embarrassing your best friend. I look back at Alison with a serious face and we just stare at each other for a minute. Then we started laughing super hard to the point where Alison was wiping tears from her eyes.

Once we calm down, we continue talking about our classes. I decided it is best to not tell her about what happened last class. She's happy in her own little universe with Alejandro and I don't want to ruin her mood. Plus nothing really happened last class.

After lunch is over, Ali and I finish the rest of our classes and eventually it is the end of the day. I meet up with Alison at the parking lot, and I see her waiting by my car. She told me during lunch that she needed a ride since her Mom was just able to drop her off and not pick her up.

As I'm walking to her, I hear someone call her name. She looks around and when she sees the person she just smiles brightly and waves. I didn't have to look back at the person to know who it was. Looks like Alison's dreams about dating Alejandro might come true after all.

By the time I get to the car, Alison is more than ready to leave. I unlock the doors and she hops in and gets comfortable. I'm ready to go home too, this school day was a lot today. Whenever Alison comes home with me, she just stays until her Mom picks her up or until she wants me to take her home. Basically Alison lives with me and I don't mind it one bit.

"Veronica!," a deep voice says from behind me as I'm about to open the door to my car. I turn around to see Mateo looking at me waving. Why is Mateo waving and smiling at me like we're friends?

Obviously I'm not going to go up to him and ask why he's doing it, so I send him a friendly smile and wave back to him.

When I get into the car I start getting situated and once I'm about to back out I realize Alison has been too quiet. I turn to look at her and see her already looking at me.

"Was that Mateo Hernandez saying bye to you?," she questions with a tone of disbelief.

"Uh yes last time I checked that was Mateo," a sarcastic comment might get her to change the topic so I go with that.

"Veronica so, on the first day of senior year. You became friends with him?," her question makes me roll my eyes. Just because you wave at someone, it doesn't mean you're friends.

"I'll tell you when we get to my house, okay?" she nods and connects her music.

As the music starts playing I back out of the parking spot and start driving home.

So much for not wanting to tell her what happened.