Chapter-1

Every member of Khan Haveli was busy today. Because Atfat Shamsher Khan's youngest son, Ayaan Atfat Khan, is returning from London after 5 years. The maids were cleaning his room. The ladies were preparingall of his favorite dishes. The children were hearing all his praises from morning.

"Ajj mera beta wapas araha hai, mujhe kuch bhi kammi nahi chahiye," said Ayaan's mother, Ramisa. "Faizan, beta, uska flight kab hai?" She asked her elder son. "Ammi 2 hours baad land karega."Aap tension na lein, main jaaunga use receive karne ke liye," he replied. "Mujhe aur sabr nahi ho raha," she said, and he just chuckled at his mother's behavior.

("Today, my son is coming back, and I don't want any shortcomings in his welcome." "Son Faizan, when is he landing? Ammi 2 hours more.Don't worry, I'll go to receive him." "I can't wait any longer.")

But nobody knows that the most impatient person was the one who had been waiting for him for 10 years. Maira was standing on her balcony, waiting for him. 

"Appi he won't come quickly if you stand on the balcony like this. There is more than 2 hours for him to land. Apne kuch bi nahi khaya subha se.Kuch khaa lijiye," her cousin Eshaal said, coming into her room with a plate of fruits. "

("Eat something.You haven't eaten anything since the morning.")

"I don't want to eat now. I don't know what is happening to me. After 5 years, he is coming back. Will he remember me? Will he like me? I just don't know," she said. 

Eshaal knew that Maira loved Ayaan. She caught her one day staring at his photos in her room. And confronted her. And Maira had to tell her. And after that day, Eshaal didn't miss a chance to tease her. "What are you saying, Appi? He was your best friend. "Can he ever forget you?" She said and handed her the plate of fruits, insisting that she eat.

Maira Abbasi is the cousin of Ayaan. She was the daughter of his aunt. After her father's death, her Nana brought them to their house. Her mother, Effat Hamza, was ill-treated in her father's house, which is why she couldn't tolerate her father's side of the family. She was a quiet child and never spoke too much. But Ayaan made her comfortable here. He was her best friend. He promised to always stay by her side. He never let her get hurt anyway. "But what will happen when he hurts her the most?"