CHAPTER-9

"What are you saying Eshaal?"
"Yes api. Apke jaane ke baand bohot kuch hua hain."
"Aur Mahira? How is she Ayaan's child then?"
"She is adopted api. I don't know if I should tell this but..."

"But what Eshaal? Tell me.." Maira was beyond shocked to hear all this.

"Inaaya married bhai only for money. She didn’t loved bhai.."

"What? How...how can she do this?? Aya..Ayaan kitna pyaar karta tha usse.."
Maira was out of words. She felt bad for Ayaan. She felt guilty for not being with his side at that time.

"After one month you left he caught her cheating on him. He decided to divorce her."

Maira didn’t had any words left so she remained silent.

"And all the procedure took one month. He wanted to get out of the marriage as soon as possible. After the divorce he became very silent."

Eshaal said with teary eyes. Maira controlled her emotions.
"Aur kuch bhi hain?"
"One day Ayaan bhai met with an accident."

"What? Mujhe kisine bataya kyu nahi? Ammi se toh roz baat karti thi."

"Taya abbu ne mana kya tha. You will get worried that's why."

Maira's heart was beating more fastly. So much happened but she didn’t knew anything. She thought Ayaan and Inaaya were happily married but here it was totally different.

"He was in coma for two weeks. When he woke up he only said your name. After that taya abbu and taya ammi talked with him. I don't know what they said to him but since that day everyone knows he is only waiting for you."

Eshaal said holding Maira's hand. Maira looked ar Eshaal with wide eyes. She never thought Ayaan to be waiting for her. She wanted to be away from him as far as possible. She thought staying away would help her to move on but only she knew that she couldn’t so it.

"What about Mahira?"
"Mahira is the daughter of bhai's late assistant. She was a single mother. Her husband died in an accident. She bought her up for one year but than she found out she had cancer and didn’t had much time. So bhai adopted Mahira. Mahira doesn’t know that as she was very small. And he named her Mahira because it was close to your name."
"I'm confused. It's so..so much to take. I don’t know what to do."  Maira whispered as she didn’t had any energy to talk.

Later after they went home Maira locked herself to her room. She didn’t want to talk to anyone. She felt bad for Ayaan. She felt guilty for not staying by his side. She even skipped dinner.

It was midnight but she couldn’t sleep so she decided to go to the terrace.

She climbed the stairs slowly and went to the terrace. When she opened the door of the terrace a cold wind hit her face. She went near the railing. She stared at the moon. She looked at the moon and remembered the night before Ayaan's nikaah. He was so happy to get married to the love of his life. Thinking about the past and Ayaan her eyes started to tear and one tear escaped her eyes. Suddenly she heard a sound from behind. She turned around. She was shocked to see the person and whispered,
"App?"

...................Author Note................ 

Thank you for reading. If you like it please vote and comment. Your vote and comments encourage me to write. Please vote and comment.