CHAPTER-3

Kash tu Sirf mera hotaYa phir Mila hi nahi hota

.....................................
Kash tu
Sirf mera hota
Ya phir
Mila hi nahi hota
........................................

Maira stood in front of the mirror, staring at herself with red and puffy eyes. The tears had left their mark on her face, leaving her feeling raw and exposed. Just then, a knock sounded on her door, and Eshaal's voice broke through her thoughts.

"Api, come downstairs. Everyone is waiting for you."

Maira took a deep breath and rubbed her face, wiping away any remaining tears. She pulled her hair back into a ponytail and made her way downstairs, where everyone was already seated at the dining table. She took her place beside Eshaal, facing Ayaan and Attaf.

As she quietly ate her breakfast, Atfat Khan, her bade mamu suddenly called her name, his voice laced with excitement.

"We're planning to get you married to Ayaan next month. Do you have any problem with that?"

The room erupted in cheers, but Maira felt a knot form in her stomach. She looked over at Ayaan, who was watching her with pleading eyes. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh before speaking softly.

"Hume ye shaadi nahi karni."

The room fell silent, and Ayaan visibly relaxed. Maira felt a pang of sadness, knowing that the marriage proposal was hurting him. She clenched her fists, trying to keep her composure.

"Par kyu beta?" Her badi mami spoke up, taking her hand in an attempt to comfort her.

"I just don't see Ayaan in that way," she replied, struggling to keep her voice steady.

Maira's words felt like a blow to everyone in the room, but her badi mami refused to believe her. She knew the love she had for her son and couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right.

"I'm sorry, but I really must get to my college now." With that, Maira made her way back to her room, closing the door behind her.

She leaned against the door, allowing herself to slip down to the ground. Her tears flowed freely now, and she didn't bother to stifle them. She knew that her decision had hurt everyone, but she had to do it.

Maira went to the bathroom, splashing water on her face to calm down

Maira went to the bathroom, splashing water on her face to calm down. She grabbed her bag and was about to open the door when Eshaal barged in.

"Api, why did you do that? I know better than anyone how much you love Ayaan Bhai. Then why did you do this?" Eshaal exclaimed, her voice laced with confusion and distress.

Maira looked away, not wanting to meet her sister's eyes. "Kyu ki woh kisi aur sey mohabbat karta hain."she replied quietly.

Eshaal gasped in shock. "Who told you this, Api?"

"Ayaan himself," Maira said, letting out a heavy sigh as she hugged her sister.

"It's hurting a lot Eshaal. Mujhe beintteha mohhabbat hein unse. Par woh mera kabhi nahi ho sakta. Kyu Eshaal mere saath kyu? Meri galti kiya thi? Usne mujhe barbaad kar diya hein. Aur hassi ki baat ye hein ki usko pata bhi nahi,"Maira added, her voice laced with bitterness as she let out a rueful laugh.

Eshaal couldn't bear to see her sister in so much pain. She hugged her tightly as she also began to cry. Maira never liked to show her emotions, but with Eshaal, she felt comfortable sharing her thoughts and feelings.

However, little did they know that someone else was listening to their conversation from outside the door. As soon as Maira mentioned Ayaan's other love interest, the person froze, their mind racing with thoughts of what to do next.

Author's note:
Thank you for reading. And sorry for the small update. Please vote and comment. It means a lot. Thank you agian.