CHAPTER-6

"Qubool Hain"

"Qubool Hain"

"Qubool Hain"

Inaaya signed the papers. It's official, Ayaan and Inaaya are married. Maira congratulated them with a smile, saying, "Mubarak ho." Inaaya returned the hug and thanked Maira. Despite the happy occasion, Ayaan felt that something was missing, but he couldn't explain what was happening to him.

As the night wore on, Maira couldn't hold back her tears any longer. She retreated to her room and began to cry, removing her jewelry and bangles with reckless abandon. Despite hurting herself, she couldn't bring herself to care. 

She just wanted to be out of this house. She couldn't handle it anymore.

Next Morning.

The next morning, Maira woke up with red, puffy eyes

The next morning, Maira woke up with red, puffy eyes. She knew it was time to inform everyone about her decision to go to New York. Despite knowing that her Ammi wouldn't agree easily, Maira was determined to convince her. She dressed in a simple baby pink salwar kameez and came downstairs to find everyone at the dining table, except for Ayaan and Inaaya. Maira greeted everyone and took her seat. Eshaal gave her a sad smile, while Ayaan arrived looking angry as Inaya started to eat without greeting anyone.

"Inaaya, say salam to everyone," Ayaan said with an irritated tone. "Assalamualaikum, everyone. Sorry, I was a little hungry," Inaaya replied, smiling.

After the meal, Maira decided to share some important news. "I want to say something important to everyone," she announced. Ayaan had a sinking feeling that he knew what was coming.

"I had applied to a university in New York for my MBA, and I got accepted," Maira revealed.

Everyone was shocked, especially her mother. "Ap New York jana chahti hain?" She questioned.

"Ji," replied Maira confidently.

Her uncle then asked, "Achanak kyu?"

"Main apni career ke liye karna chahti hoon," Maira explained.

"Tumhari umar mein sab shaadi ki chinta karte hain nahi ki career," her mother countered harshly.

"Bas. Woh waha padhna chahti hai toh woh waha jayegi. Mein aur kuch nahi sunna chahti," her grandmother, Khadija Begum, spoke with authority. Maira looked up at her Nanu with tears in her eyes and gratitude in her heart. 

After breakfast, Effat called Maira to her room and asked her, looking confused. "Yeh sab kya hai, Maira? Kya pagalpan laga rakha hai? She asked.

"Ammi, ap janti hain, maine bachpan se leke ab tak sirf ek sapna dekha hai, woh hai Ayaan ki dulhaan banna. Ap woh nahi meri kismat mein toh main kya karu? Mujhe jaane dijiye, please. Yaha rahungi toh maar jaungi," Maira pleaded.

"Thik hain, I'll speak to Mariyum. She is settled there, so you can stay with her," Effat said as she caressed Maira's head.

Uncertain of what to do, Effat went to speak to her friend Mariyum, who lived in New York. After some discussion, Effat agreed to let Maira go to New York and stay with Mariyum. Mariyum is Effat's best friend. They were best friend from college. After Mariyum got married she moved to New York. But they still were in contact.

.......................................
Thank you so much for reading. Please vote and comment.