CHAPTER-13

Today the family was coming to see Maira. Effat was very excited. She wanted to get her daughter married to Zubayer. The boy's name is Zubayer Ibrahim. Maira was anxious from the morning. This days she hardly came down of her room. Only because she had to ignore Ayaan. She had to do it for her mother. She didn’t even played with Mahira and Zahaar. Ayaan had an important project for that he was very busy. He used to leave early in the morning and come very late. So he didn’t notice Maira ignoring him.

"Maira wear this Salwaar Kameez today. " Her mother came to her room and kept the dress in her closet.
"Ji ammi."
Effat knew Maira is only doing this only for her. But she didn’t had a choice. She couldn’t see her daughter heartbroken anymore. When she saw Maira again closing up with Ayaan she feared that he will again break her. And this time Maira will not be able to take it. And when Zubayer's proposal came she had to do it for Maira.

Mahira was sad. She understood that her Maira phupi is going to leave them, leave her and most importantly her baba. She knows her baba loves her than why can't she stay here. She was crying from morning and Zahaar was trying to stop her. Zahaar couldn’t see his princess so sad. He even teared up seeing Mahira like this.
"Mahira don't cry so much. Please."
Zahaar said wipping her tears.

"Bhai...baba ko call karna hain.please he will stop her. I know that. Please I want to talk to him."

"Okay. Main ammi ki phone lata hoon. Tum please rona baand karo."
Mahira just nodded.

Zahaar came running to Mahira's room in 2 minutes. She dialed Ayaan's number. He didn’t pick up. She tried again but again it went to voice mail. She started to cry again. She didn’t know what will happen.
"Baba is not picking."
"Call his office number." Mahira nodded. She memorized Ayaan's both numbers for emergency.
He finally picked it up after few rings.
"Baba..baba.."

"Mahira..beta kya hua? Why are you crying? Shush..don't cry. Tell me what happened?

"Woh Mai...Maira phupi.."

"Kya hua Maira ko? " Ayaan was noe more tensed.

"She is getting married. The boy is coming to meet her today. Please come fast baba. Please stop her." Hearing this Ayaan clenched his fist and jaw.

"Don't worry I'm coming. Don't cry.
Your Maira phupi is not going anywhere. I'm not going to let her go."
'Okay baba."

Ayaan was shocked.
'This can't happen. Maira can't leave me again. She can't. I won't allow her to. She is not going to get married to anyone. She is mine. My Maira. No, never in thousand years'  he thought while driving his car.

After 1hour he reached the haveli. He ran inside when he saw his mother. He went near her and asked,
"What is going on Ammi? Mahira ne kaha koi araha hain? Maira ko dekhne. Please tell me it's false."

"It's true. And if everything goes well they will get married next month." His mother said. She saw his eyes getting wider and tearing up.

"NO..NO SHE CAN'T DO THIS. I'LL BOT LET HER."
Ayaan ran upstairs towards Maira's room.

He barged inside seeing Maira dressed in a beautiful salwaar kameez.

Maira was shocked to see him in her room and he looked very angry.

"Aap?" Maira asked.

"Haan main, kyu?" Ayaan said glaring at her.

"Nahi kuch nahi. Kuch chahiye tha apko?"

"Haan."

"Kya?" she asked looking at him.

"Tum" Maira confused and shocked.

"I don't want you to go to meet him. And you will not go. Say no to him."

"I can't." Maira whispered. And hearing her answer Ayaan was beyond angry.

"Why? " Ayaan asked coming near her. Maira was walking back while Ayaan coming near her.

"Why Maira?"
"Ammi wants me to get married. I can't say no to her."
"What about me? "
"You?"
"Yes, me. Maira I know I have not been very nice to you. I know I shouldn’t have asked you to say no to our marriage.  And I'm sorry. But please don't do this."

"I have forgotten all those things. I want to start my life again. I want to be happy. I want to be loved. And also Ammi thinks Zubayer is the one for me. "

"Is it? Than tell me don't you love me anymore? I know you do than why are you doing this? And if it’s about you ammi than it’s ridiculous. "

" I'm doing this only for ammi. I want to move on. I can't always live like this. I want to forget all those feelings."

"Why?"

"Because you don't feel the same. You just see me as your friend. You don't want me. Why are not letting me move on? Why?" Maira yelled at him.

"Mohabbat karta hoon. Bohot bohot mohabat karta hoon tumse Maira."
He confessed looking straight in her eyes.

...................  Author Note..................

Thank you so much for reading. Please vote and comment. Your comments encourages me to write. Thanks again.