CHAPTER-12

It was friday Maira, Mahira,Eshaal,Zahaar and Ayaan went to the park. After very long they had gone out. Zhaar and Mahira were playing in the ground with Eshaal. Maira and Ayaan were seeing them from a bench a little far away.

"So Maira what are you going to do next? A job?" asked Ayaan.
"I don’t know. I haven’t think about it yet."
Ayaan just nodded his head. They saw Mahira waving at them and gave a flying kiss. They chuckled at her doings.

"She loves you a lot." Maira said looking at Ayaan.
"Yeah, I know. After everything happened she is what I have now. I love her alot." Maira nodded her head.
"If you don’t mind can I ask you a question? "
"Yeah."
"Why did you divorce Inaaya. I mean I don't understand. I thought she loved you....I'm sorry you don’t have to say anything." Maira said nervously.

After a long silence Ayaan replied,
"She didn’t love me. She loved my money. She was never interested in me. I was a fool not to see that. After our marriage she got modeling offer from a big company from London. She said she didn’t want this marriage anymore. And after hearing all of this I couldn’t wait to leave her."

"Do you still love her?" Maira asked.

"I don't. Actually I think I never did. I only liked her as my friend. But I thought I loved her. I wish I never married her and listened to Baba to marry you."
"M...me?"
"Yeah you." Ayaan said while holding her hand.

That time three of them came and Maira jerked his hand while standing up.
"Are you all done? We are going back." Maira said.
"Yes." Three of them said in unison.
Ayaan frown looking at Maira. Why did she behave like this? He thought.

The whole ride back to home Maira was awfully quite. Ayaan didn’t understand what happened suddenly.
They reached home in 20 mins. They saw all the elder people sitting in the drawing room. Maira's mother saw them with a relieve face.
"Maira mujhe tumse kuch baat karni hain. Meri room e milne ajana fresh hokar."
"Ji ammi."

Ayaan noticed something suspicious. Others were very tensed too. Specially his mother. What is happening? He wanted shout.

Effat's room.

Effat was sitting in her bed waiting for Maira. She was restless. Then a knocked brought her back from her thoughts.
"Come in" she said.
Maira came inside closing the door.

"Ammi main janti hoon aap kya kehna chahati hain. I'm sorry phirse nahi hoga."

"Maira ajj ke baad tum Ayaan se durr rahogi. Samjhi? Mene peheli hi kaha tha. Phirse nahi hona chahiye."

"Ji ammi." Maira said while nodding looking down.

Effat went near her and hold her shoulder.
"Ammi hoon tumhari Maira. Fikar rehti hain. Hamesha nahi rahungi tumhare saat. Apni umar dekho. Log baat kar rahe hain. Aur main bhi  chahati tumhari nikkah jald se jald ho jai."
Maira just nodded at her mother. She didn’t know what to say.
After that talk she came to her room.
She remembers what hee mother said 2days before. A proposal has came for her. The man stays in Australia. He is a Cardiologist. His mother is friends with Effat. She alway liked Maira. Effat wanted her to get married to him. She even emotionally blackmailed her by saying,
"Tumne jo chaha meine karne diya but now you have to listen to this. They are coming next week to see you. And you are not going to talk to Ayaan anymore. I don’t want any disturbance in your wedding now." 
Maira nodded her head while tears started to form in her eyes. She knew a day will come when she have to move on from him. But she couldn’t get over.

It's true people has started talking about her age. In the wedding that her family went few days ago all asked about Maira's marriage. She thought it's the time she moves on. Her mother did a lot for her. Now she can't let her down.

Maira stood from her bed went near to the window. She looked at sky and sighed. " I have to do this. It's the best for all of us."

On the other hand, Ayaan stood in the balcony and thought what is everyone hiding? It was not giving him bad vibes. And what happened to Maira? Didn’t she liked him anymore?  Doesn't she want him now? All of this was going in his head which made him frustrated. "Maira is only mine. I know she loved me and still loved me. Whatever happens I'll figure it out what is wrong."

Author Note

Thank you so much for reading. Please vote and comment. It keeps me motivated. Thank you again. Take care.