31 🎨

After my shower I just sit on the bed. My body does not want to move. I cannot believe that he does not trust me. I listen to the birds chirping and decided to get dressed. As I walk down the stairs, I hear voices. I stop when I see Deckard at the table with Owen next to him. Magdalene is in the kitchen making her a cup of tea. I clear my throat and their attention falls on me.

My coat I wrap around my body tighter. "I am going for a walk." Owen is immediately in front of me wanting to take my hand, but I push past him. "Alone." Not another word was said as I left the house. I take the first road I see and just go. I listen to the birds and the barking of dogs. The laughter of children as I got near to a small park in the countryside.

It made me think back to when Mia and I were just little girls our dad used to take us to the park. There we would fly kite for hours and eat ice cream till our tummies hurt. There is an open bench and I make myself comfortable. I hold onto the coat tight. Think about the past couple of years and how different my life turned out.

"It is beautiful is it not?" I turn my head sideways to see Magdalene walking closer. I whip some tears away and nod. "May I?" I scoot over and make room for her. She takes off her sunglasses. "You love Owen, right?" I whip more tears away and nod. Afraid that if I speak my voice would break. "Why? I know he can be heartless. He is no hero. So why fall for him?" I turn and look at her. Her eyes show me that her question is real. It is serious and she wants an honest answer.

I look back at the children running after their dogs, playing tag. I take a deep breath and answer. "My sister used to always ask me why I like the villains more and I think it might be because when they get on the floor down on their knees for me and only me something in me stirs. A hero would sacrifice me to save the world, showing that they are indeed pure hearted and honest, but a villain would tear the world apart if I were hurt, that is a promise. They seem selfish, manipulative, and rude to everyone around, but he treats me like a queen, his and only his, sitting beside him on a thrown with my crown."

I stop and let myself breath again before I can continue. "I know he does not love easily but he does love me and that gives me the reassurance that no matter what he would not be able to leave me even when he promises he would. I love him so much that his little trust in me feels like a hurricane broke loose in my chest." I feel the tears are running down my cheeks uncontrollably. Magdalene's hand found its way onto mine. "I know you feel like he does not trust you, but that man cannot function without you. I have never seen him in love before. He usually cared about his job and missions. He did not even show up for Deckard's wedding because he believed love was a cliché."

A giggle escapes my throat at the words because I remember when I first met him, I thought he was a real jackass. "When Deckard called to tell me about his accident and that he spoke to Vegh and she mention a girl, his girlfriend, that has been with him for nearly 5 years I could not believe it. So, when Deckard told me he was going to check you out I did not want him too." I listen carefully as she speaks. "Then I met you and heard what you have done for not just Owen but also for Deckard. I picked up the way he started to speak about you how his eyes lit up whenever you asked if you could help."

I look away again as guilt flash through my body. "You do not have to feel guilty because I know that you grieved. You thought you lost the love of your life and now the one person that can reconnect you showed up, of course you would go with eagerness." I look back at her as she smiles at me. "Owen is afraid to lose you. He fell in love and he is afraid." I smile and nod. "Come on, let us go before the rain catches up with us." I stand with her and we walk home in silence as I let her words sink in.

My own villain confession sinks in and I know that I cannot life without Owen. He is my entire life. As we get home Deckard is cooking and Owen is busy with his drawings. Magdalene nods and then winks as she goes to the kitchen to help Deckard. I walk over to a highly focused Owen. I wrap my arms around his waist and he immediately turn his attention towards me. "I love you, Owen Shaw. Never doubt that." He cups my cheeks and then pulls me up for a deep kiss. "I love you too." I nod and we lean our foreheads against one another.

"You lovebirds ready for dinner?" I blush and look to where Deckard is placing the plates with food on the table. Magdalene has a glass of wine in her left hand. Owen sits down and pulls me onto his lap. Magdalene raises her glass. "A toast. A dinner with both my sons without the worry of the FBI knocking our door down and a toast to my hopefully soon to be daughter-in-law."