41 ⚔

I lean into his touch, closing my eyes and just let the warmth flow through my body. I place my hand on top of the one he has on my cheek. I'm scrambling for words in my mind to give him an answer. I slowly open my eyes and he is so close that I couldn't stop myself from leaning forward and kiss him. He cups my face with both hands as he deepens the kiss and I let myself enjoy it. My hands are resting on his chest as our tongues dance in harmony.

"Excuse me, sorry for the interruption." I pull away from him. Look down at my feet. I can still taste him and the feeling of warmth and safety that is clenching to my heart leaves me feeling flustered. He doesn't step away from me. He is holding onto me by my arms as one hand falls to my waist. "What is it you need, Hobbs?" I look up and turn my body to face him with Deckard behind me. He had an eyebrow raised at me. "Jonah is going to try and fix the machine while Hattie will tey to deactivate their systems. I came by to ask Deckard to give his brother a hand."

They keep staring at each other and I take it as my sign to leave. "I'll go see where I can be of any help." Hobbs nod but he doesn't spare me a glance. I cross my arms over my chest and leave them. I found Mrs Hobbs walking with a tray of coffee mugs towrds the garage. The tea string gives away that she is going to serve Hattie. I fall into step next to her. "Your heart looks heavy, dear." I nod and give her a small smile. "I'm torn between two people I love and I don't know who to choose."

She stops and that made me stop. I look around in confusion. "This is about those two brothers, isn't it?" All I can do is nod. My words have dried up. "One is drowning you in hurt that makes you hate him and the other one is saving you from the drowning in hurt that makes you love him."  I look up to her. I see years of pain and understanding in them. "You're telling me I should pick the one who is saving me because I'm no longer able to do that myself?"

She shakes her head. "I'm telling you that love is pain if it wasn't it wouldn't be love." I laugh at her statement. I feel the anger rambling in my chest. "Yeah well it's not suppose to hurt this much." The tears are falling again and I feel so pathetic because it feels like this is all I've been doing these last couple of years. "I used to be this strong woman. I had the world at my feet. I didn't fear anything and I was loved by a man who would burn the world to the ground to raise hell for me. Look at me now!"

I'm screaming at her. I didn't mean to I just had to get it out. I've lost everything. I lost my everything. She pulls me down into a hug as she rubs my back in a comforting way. She whispers in my ear as I break down. "I am looking at you. I can see the woman you're describing and trust me she is still there and she hasn't lost it all." She pulls away and looks me in the eye. "Decide what is worth more; your love for the man or the hate for his actions." She picks up the tray again as she goes into the storage room.

It has been hours and we stil haven't heard anything form Brixton. I'm nervous hinch to way my  right leg won't stop bouncing. Owen places a hand on my right thigh and softly rub circles on it. A manner I know he picked up way back when he knows I'm nervous. I let him and I feel the anxiety fading. I feel calmness and security takes it place. How stupid is that? All because of a simpel gesture? "You okay?" I look over to see him looking at me with concern. "I'm nervous but I'm okay." He nods and I feel his grib tighten on my thigh.

A smile is playing on my lips. I lean over to him. Whisper as I see him watch the other busy with the last few things. "I saw something and I'm not sure what to make of it. Honestly I don't even know if I should tell you." This brings his attention bcak to me faster than lightning. "What is it?" The frown between his eyes tell me he is serious and it causes me to giggle. "No, I decided against it." He turns to face me fully and I just stare at him and shrug. He rolls his eyes at me but let's it go. The others join us. Deckard goes to sit besides Owen and gives me a small smile.

Hattie and Hobbs goes to sit on the opposite couch as his mother comes to join us as well. "Okay I take it back I can't keep it to myself." He turn back to Owen and he gives me a knowing grin. "What's that for?" He leans closer to whisper in my ear. "I knew you wouldn't be able to keep it to yourself, love." I gasp at his statement and watch as he keeps smirking at me. "That's why you didn't pursue me to tell you." He nods and lean back.

I hit his shoulder with my fist and he gasps in suprise. "Asshole." He looks at me with suprise and then I lean back over. "Now I'll tell you when I feel like telling you." I cross my arms over my chest. "But you are going to tell me." The smirk still on his face. I'm not amused by his convinced. "The machine is ready." We all get up immediately. Hattie is seated in the table with both her brothers by her side. "Brace yourself, Hats." Deckard's words wasn't even cold before I could see the pain on her face. The machine is going to circulate all her blood and retract all the virus.

"It's working." Everyone is cheering and giving hugs. I gave both Deckard and Owen a hug. Standing between the brothers and sharing their joy. "They triggered the alarm." We all look over to Hobbs as he gets up. Hobbs gives the instructions and we all get ready. Most of his brothers are helping outside. Deckard helps Hattie get the machine on her back to make her mobile. I hope she apologies to him. He told me about Brixton once and what his family believed. I hope they can resolve this.

"Stick to me." I look back and see Owen behind me. "I don't need a babysitter." He shakes his head. "I know you don't but you're going to stick to me. I'm not going to let something happen to you. I couldn't save our baby and it was my fault. All of it. I broke you and I killed our child. I'm sorry for that. Hopefully one day you can forgive me. I also know Deckard would kill me if I let anything happen to you. He is the type of man you deserve and I'm sorry I couldn't be that."

I take his face in my hands and wipe some of the tears away but I feel my own running down my cheeks. "You didn't kill our baby. I have some fault too. I should never have overreacted, I should've trusted that you wouldn't cheat on me just as I kept asking you to trust me with Deckard. I hated that you kept it all a secret. I blamed you for that and I have hated you for far to long. I forgave you a long time ago it just took me a while to realize it." I bit my lip as I choose my next words carefully.

"You're right, Deckard is the man I deserve. He is perfect and he always have made me feel loved and cared for but he can never be as selfish with me as you are. I told Mia once the very reason I love you so much is because Deckard would sacrifice me to safe the world but you would let the world burn to save me."