Chapter 21

Wade's POV

"Nice work," my Dad patted me on the shoulder.

I put my katanas back into their holder on my back. I just finished another training session at Professor Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.

It's not as stupid as it sounds. It's actually where I went to school when I was 12. I come here now to train with my dad after football practice. He told me I can go on my own missions when I turn 18.

I've been going with Dad on some missions. I think I'm pretty good.

Yeah, we kick ass!

Damn these voices. They've only gotten stronger. I went to take a shower above the training room. 

I cleaned off all the sweat in steaming hot water. Wrapping a towel around my waist, I went to the locker room to change. I was almost done when my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said trying my hair with a towel.

"Hey, can I wear your Hollister shirt that you left at my house?" It was Johnny.

"You mean the shirt that I let you borrow last week and you haven't given it back?" I laughed.

"Yeah, that one. I'm going to wear it out tonight," He paused to laugh too. "I have a date and I couldn't find anything else to wear."

"A date with who?" I asked nonchalantly. It's nothing new. Johnny Storm is always with someone. But then again, so am I.

"Peter Stark," I could practically hear the grin creeping onto his face. I froze. He's dating Peter? I never thought Peter would go for a guy like him.

Which means he won't go for us.

Yes, he would.

No, he wouldn't!

"Oh, cool. Have fun," I said blandly to the phone.

"I will. Remember to cover me if Flash asks. I'll break it to him tomorrow that Peter is off limits," Johnny said.

"Gotcha, bye." I responded before hanging up. This isn't the first time Johnny's dated a guy. I'm the only one that knows he likes guys and he knows my secret too.

We keep it from Flash, well, because he's Flash. I picked up my sports bag and went upstairs to the main hall where my dad was waiting on me.

"Took you long enough," he said when he saw me. He was talking to the Professor. I gave him a fake smile before saying goodbye to the Professor and leaving. "Hey," I looked up and my dad threw me the keys.

I sighed and put my stuff in the back of the truck. I'm physically exhausted and now I can't stop thinking about Peter dating Johnny.

I was in no condition for driving but I hopped in cranked the car up anyways.

One exhausting ride home, coming right up.

-------------------

Peter's POV

"Where do you think you're going?"

I turned around slowly and saw my Pops walking out from the hallway.

"Um."

Might as well tell them Peter.

"Where's Dad? I have to tell you guys something," I said. Pops raised an eyebrow before telling Jarvis to get Dad. I looked my watch. I'm supposed to be meeting Johnny at the fair in 30 minutes.