Chapter 31

TW:
-mentions of physical/sexual abuse

Tony's POV

"Steve, what are we going to do?"

"Give him time first, Tony. The boy just went to jail."

Johnny hurt Peter. I just-

"Ughh!!" I kicked the side of the couch. We just got home from the trial. Peter went straight to his room. Steve told me not to mention anything in the car.

Steve ran his hand down his face. He didn't say anything. It was my time to freak out. I just didn't have the words to do it.

The boy is already in jail. Jarvis is wiring over their family's money to my account. I just-

"I just can't even imagine," I sighed.

I threw myself onto the couch. Steve pushed me over and put his arm around me. I relaxed in his arms. I put my ear to his chest and listened to his steady heart beat. It calmed me.

"We can't be mad at him," he said after a while.

"Never."

"He needs our support."

Peter's POV

I need some air.

I ran to my room as soon as we got upstairs. I'm surprised my parents didn't ask me anything in the car. They probably wanted to talk about it.

I paced around my room a while. I texted Harry back to let him know I was okay. I was going to call him but I didn't feel like talking.

I sat at my desk and played with some of my recent experiments. A pencil with a mini calculator in it. A lamp that turns on and off with the snap of my fingers.

I opened my desk drawer and saw my web shooters. They rolled once from the force from when I yanked the drawer opened.

I picked them up and attached them to my wrist. I played with them a while. Shooting at walls. I tried to shoot at the opposite wall and accidentally shot the window.

I walked to it and sighed. Scraping off the intricate design, I gazed out the window. I have an idea. A bad, terrible, fun idea.

I opened the window and inhaled. Aiming carefully, I shot a line to the building next to ours. It latched on and I exhaled.

I pulled with all my weight and the web line wouldn't budge. That's good. I pulled my hood up and tightened the strings on it.

Here we go.

I swung one leg over the window. Deep breaths, Peter. I closed my eyes. And jumped.

The wind in my face.

The sun in my eyes.

Amazing.

Then I opened my eyes and saw the brick wall I was about to hit. Awesomeness is over. I started trying to pull myself up the web line and doing spasmodic motions.

I swung my legs up and it was like there was zero gravity. The swing turned me into a back flip that landed me face-first on top of the building. At least I didn't splat.

I stood up and glanced back at my window. I smile slowly crept onto my face. "This is awesome," I whispered to myself.

So I did it again. And again. I was jumping off buildings and trying out flips. I got tired and decided to rest at a common area that I knew.

I spun one more web lining to get to the roof of the cafe. The one Wade had showed me. I stuck my best landing yet and patted myself on the back.

'Good job, Peter. For not falling on your face,' I thought.