Chapter 2

Steve's POV

"I want to adopt a kid"

Did I hear him correctly? My husband, Tony Stark, wants a child? I don't know how I feel about this. I'd do anything to make him happy. He moved off my chest to look at me.

"Nevermind, I was just thinking out loud," he stated looking down. I put my finger under his chin and pulled his head up.

"Do you really want a kid?" I asked looking into his big brown eyes already glassy from tears. He hesitated before whispering:

"Yes."

I smiled, "Then call Pepper. We're going to adopt one." His eyes got huge and he hugged me tight.

"Thanks Steve."

I hugged back.

"Anything for you."

He looked up, "In that case, can you get the bacon of the stove? Wouldn't want you to burn my tower down."

I rolled my eyes and he winked at me. I grabbed the spatula and took the bacon out before pouring on pancake batter. I heard Tony talking on the phone and I guessed it was Pepper.

"We want to adopt a kid!" I heard him whisper yell. I laughed to myself and flipped the pancakes.

I felt bad at first for taking Tony from Pepper. It was awkward to talk to her in the first weeks that Tony and I started dating. Then again, Tony and I both have people from our past.

I took the pancakes off and plated three for both me and Tony. I added the bacon on the plate as soon as Tony walked back in smiling. We sat at the bar with the food and began eating.

"What did Pepper say?" I asked.

"She's going to check the near by orphanages. She'll send us the profiles when she finds a perfect kid for our crazy life," he responded smiling.

"That's great, honey," I said.

"There's one more thing I was thinking about," he said finishing his food.

"And what's that?" I asked eating my bacon.

"What is the kid going to call us? Since...you know..." he trailed off. I laughed so hard I almost choked.

"Um? Back in my time, we called our fathers Pops."

Now, it was Tony's turn to laugh.

"Okay, so your Pops and I'll just be Dad. Yeah? " He questioned.

"Yes," I answered and kissed his cheek. I got up and put my plate in the sink. I looked back at the love of my life.

We're going to be parents.