Chapter 9

Tony's POV

I wish I had this much fun as a kid. We had left the helicarrier and now we're walking inside a mall.

Peter is playing hopscotch on the tiles in front of us. "Don't step on the black ones Dad! It's the lava!" He yells at me.

"Pshh haven't you heard? I'm invincible!" I said striking a pose. I heard Steve and Peter laugh. "Hey! Don't laugh at me," I pouted hitting Steve on his shoulder.

Peter laughed at us again and grabbed my hand. "Let's go in here," Peter pulled me into Children's Place. I grabbed Steve's hand and pulled him in the store with us.

We walked over to the boys section. "Can I help you with anything?" A worker asked refolding shirts. "I think we got it, thanks," I told her.

"What size do you wear Peter?"'Steve asked looking through pants. Peter shrugged and picked up an Avengers shirt. "I like this one," he smiled.

"I agree. You should get it," I said leaning on a clothes rack. "I don't know what size," he told me holding to different sizes.

I walked over to him and held up a large sized shirt to his chest. "This one looks like it fits," I said shrugging.

"Yay!" He said clutching the shirt to his chest. I smiled at his happiness. "Hey bud, try these on for size," Steve said handing Peter three pairs of jeans.

Peter took the jeans and quickly grabbed another shirt before going to the dressing room. My phone rang just as Peter disappeared behind a door.

Steve was scanning the store with his eyes. He does that. It's like he's always aware of stuff. "Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Sorry to interrupt, Sir. Just informing you that we just completed Peter's room ," Jarvis said. I had my "minions"  bust part of my hallway out to build Peter's room.

"Thanks J," I replied. "Can we get some furniture in there before I get home?"

"Of course, Sir. Should be ready at 4 p.m." he calculated. I checked my watch. It's only 1 p.m. Looks like I have some time to kill.

I hung up the phone just as Peter walked out the dressing room. He was wearing the blue Avengers shirt and some blue jeans. The jeans fit perfect.

"Wow, looking good," I laughed as he struck several poses.  Steve tugged on the waist of the pants to make sure they fit. "Alright, go try on the other pair," Steve nodded his head to the dressing room.

Peter smiled and skipped off to the dressing room. "Why do we need furniture?" Steve asked me. I gave him a confused look before I remembered my phone call.

I looked around before telling him the news. "I made Peter a room."  His mouth dropped. "Where? We don't have spare rooms in the penthouse," he said confused.

"I blew out the wall next to our room. I had Jarvis work on the inside of it. So, he may not have a bathroom but he has a good size room and closet," I explained.

Steve didn't say anything, he just embraced me. My eyes got wide but I smiled. "What's this for?" I asked chuckling. "You're amazing," he said feeding my ego.

"Thanks hun,"  I said when he let me go. Peter was walking out the dressing room when I turned around.

"I think these are too big," he said. The jeans sagged below his waist and the legs were too long. He was wearing a pink shirt with blue stripes.

"I'll try to find some now that we know what size you wear," I told him. "You want to try a different shirt? One that's more..boyish?" Steve suggested.