Chapter 55

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 55

Kampilya, Southern Panchal, Dwapar Yuga

Third Person's POV

Sri Krishna looked at the target. A golden fish was attached with a spinning wheel one hundred hands above the ground. The wheel was spinning at a great speed. The archer had to pierce the eye of the fish to win the contest.

"Sakha, please tell me, who is the warrior in the world who can pierce the eye of the fish?" He remembered the question asked to him by Draupadi yesterday. He smiled while remembering his answer.

"Have patience Sakhi. Patience is the greatest virtue." He answered with a smile. His eyes again turned at the five disguised Brahmins. Then he looked at Jayant again, who was sitting with his eyes closed.

Suddenly Jayant opened his eyes and the four eyes met. Sri Krishna saw the insane amount of anger and hatred there. Jayant's face was like hard as iron. He looked at the Avatar's eyes for a second and then quickly looked away. Sri Krishna again saw a memory of Jayant. Kali inside him was literally scratching his soul. Jayant's soul was literally bleeding. Kali again churned out another memory.

Jayant was standing in front of a funeral pyre. His sister, Seema was lying on the pyre. The priest gave him a burning torch, and with it, Jayant lit the pyre. His eyes were red. But the boy was not crying now. Sri Krishna saw Jayant's father standing behind him, but there was no sign of his mother.

Suddenly the scene changed. It was again the room in Jayant's house where a big metallic statue of Sri Krishna was placed. His mother was still sitting in front of the idol and chanting the 'Hare Krishna' mantra. Then Sri Krishna saw Jayant entering the room. He had come there directly from the cremating ground. He walked straight to the idol and picked it up in his hands.

His mother looked at him with shock. Then she shouted,

"What are you doing with my Gopal? Have you take a bath after coming from the cremation ground? No? How dare you come to my worship room wearing the clothes from cremation ground? You destroyed the purity of this sacred room!"

"Shut up!" Jayant roared like an animal.

"You and your Gopal, both of you have the blood of my sister in your hands. Do you think that I will tolerate both of you in my house? I have already called the police. They will take you to the birthplace of your Gopal. Go there and chant his name as much as you can. And, as about him..."

Jayant picked up the idol above his head. He was going to smash the idol in front of his mother's horrified face, but he stopped in the midway. Sri Krishna knew that it was his inner humanity that stopped him. In that time of intense grief, Jayant hadn't forgotten his true nature. He ran away outside from his room with the idol and came in front of the pond beside his house. With his total strength, he threw the idol in the water.

Sri Krishna again looked at his left palm. When Jayant threw the idol in the water, there was a sharp three headed stone underwater, similar to a trident. The left palm of the idol fell upon the stone, and there were three parallel scratches. Sri Krishna himself felt those wounds, because they had came from a broken heart of a grieving brother.