Chapter 32

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 32

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Jayant/ Duryodhana POV

Three days had been passed after we came back from the Gurukul. We passed the three days with utmost joy. Mata Gandhari and Maharaja Dhritarashtra were showering the pending love of twelve years on us. Maharani Kunti was not an exception. Every single day, we were having a grand feast. Bheem was so happy, that he was eating the double amount of what he ate in Gurukul.

I opened my eyes, and saw the rising sun. I woke up and stretched my muscles.

"Today is a very important day. Today is the competition between the Kauravas and the Pandavas. Today, Karna will come here."

I quickly stood up on the ground. Then I heard a voice.

"May we come in, Rajkumar?"

It was a female's voice. I could not recognize it.

"Come in."

A young woman entered inside the room. Her dress showed that she was a palace maid. The vermillion mark on her forehead indicated that she was a married woman. Then I saw a man entered into the room, and stood behind her. The man's face was familiar, but I couldn't remember him.

Suddenly the man came in front of me. He sat on the floor and tried to remove the wooden sandals from my feet. But, my instinct prompted me to quickly move back and opening them myself.

In a second, his identity flashed in my mind.

"Guha? Is that you?"

The man smiled. That familiar smile cleared all the doubts from my mind. He was really Guha. But that thin boy I saw twelve years ago was gone now. He became a grown up, well muscled man.

"Guha, I cannot recognise you at first. You are really changed a lot."

Guha nodded affirmatively. Then he called the woman with a gesture of his hand. The woman came and stood beside him. Guha pointed his index finger to the vermilion mark on her.

"So she is your wife. Guha, you are very lucky. You got married before me."

Guha was blushing now. The woman blushed too.

"What is your name?" I asked her.

"My name is Bhanu, Rajkumar." She said with a nod.

"Well, Bhanu, if he gives you any trouble, just come to me, ok. I will give him a taste of my mace." I told her with a smile.

Bhanu laughed and nodded.

"He will not give me any trouble, Rajkumar. I am very lucky, because my husband will always listen to Me.", she looked at her husband and gave him a wink. Guha heaved a sigh and started scratching his curly hair.

"Rajkumar, from today we are both at your service. What is your order?" Bhanu said with her hands crossed. Guha crossed his hands too.

"Okay, both of you go and call my other brothers. Tell them, we will go to the river."

A few moments later, we were all walking towards the river. It was early morning, and the people of the town were coming outside for their daily work. The people saw us and greeted with crossed hands. I also nodded at them, acknowledging their greetings. Guha accompanied us today. My brothers were also shocked by seeing his transformation.