Chapter 33

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 33

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Kunti POV (continues)

Bheem and Duryodhana were facing each other in the arena. This was the most dreadful situation for me. Both Bheem and Duryodhana considered themselves the greatest enemies. I saw the looks on both my son and his cousin's eyes. Those looks meant the exact same thing. Now, in this arena, those two cousins would go for each other's blood.

Bheem charged at Duryodhana. The maces struck each other. The loud metallic sound was not less than the sound of thunder. Bheem landed a devastating blow in Duryodhana's torso. The blow was so powerful, that one blow landed Duryodhana on the ground.

"Jai Bheem! Jai Bheem!" the crowd was loudly cheering.

Duryodhana sprang up like a panther. His face was hard. His eyes were focused. Bheem again charged at him. Their maces struck each other again. Duryodhana was not physically stronger than Bheem. The powerful blow knocked down Duryodhana again. His mace fell down from his hand.

"What is happening, Kunti?" Jiji asked in an anxious voice. But before I could say anything to her, Dussala told her how Duryodhana knocked down for the second time by Bheem. Her face became sad after hearing that. I looked at my three sons sitting in the shade. Nakul and Yudhisthir were smiling. But when I saw Sahdeva, I was astonished to see his expressions. His expressions were full of fear.

I saw Duryodhana standing up again. His ego was so big, that it could not let him go down easily. But my Bheem would knock him down again.

Bheem charged at Duryodhana again. His mace was shining in the sunlight. His body language told me that he was going for the kill. But then, something happened that literally astonished all of us.

Duryodhana's body was flexible like a fish. He was literally dancing around Bheem. Bheem was trying to hit him, but with superior speed, Duryodhana was moving away from his way. Bheem, who basically always relied to his strength, was now failing to counter his fast enemy. Suddenly, Duryodhana landed a heavy blow on Bheem's upper torso. The blow was powerful. Bheem was going to fall on the ground, but he somehow maintained his balance. His face was full of shock and anger. Burning with this anger, he again charged at Duryodhana. The two maces struck each other again. Now Duryodhana landed another blow on Bheem. Bheem countered it by using his mace. The impact was so powerful, that both the maces landed on the ground. Bheem and Duryodhana both were unarmed now. The crowd of Hastinapur were cheering both the combatants.

"Jay Bheem! Jay Duryodhana!"

Suddenly, Bheem charged towards Duryodhana like a mad elephant. I didn't know what came in my head; I again looked at the face of my youngest son. I saw him sitting with a sad expression. He nodded his head negatively, and heaved a big sigh.

"I must ask him what is going on his mind." I thought to myself. Then I looked again at the arena. Both Bheem and Duryodhana were fighting bare-handed. Bheem was trying to grab his opponent, while Duryodhana's superior speed and agility again proved useful to him.

Suddenly, I heard Duryodhana's voice.

"What happened, fatty? Are you tired? It is very sad, because my mother has more stamina than you. Go, and eat something."