Chapter 23

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 23

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Unknown POV

My plan was becoming successful in front of my own eyes. In a moment, Jayant would burn the Aryaka Naag in the fire of the yagnya. This one act would generate so much sin, that it could fuel my energy for at least a century.

I was watching them from my hiding place in the sky. The powerful Vedic mantras were now pulling Aryaka out from the Naag loka, and now he was literally flying towards the fire. His facial expressions gave me a lot of pleasure. It was a blend of fear, shock, anger and helplessness. He was trying with all his might to break free, but the mantras formed an invisible net around him.

Just a few moments, then he would burn alive in the fire. I wanted to hear his dying screams. Those painful screams would be a treat to my ears. I would enjoy it more than the Devtas enjoy the songs of the Apsaras (nymphs).

Now, Aryaka was just above the fire altar. It would take just one or two mantras, and...my mind was full of sadistic pleasure just even thinking about it.

Then, I heard his voice.

"What is the meaning of these, o son of Ganga? Why do you want to kill me?"

Oh, that voice, full of fear and agony. I closed my eyes, devouring each and every sound, each and every word with its full taste. My gaze fell on the great Bhishma, who was looking like a frail old man now.

"Forgive us, Aryaka! Forgive us! This is Maharaja Dhritarashtra's order. We are helpless."

"What?" I could feel the genuine astonishment in his voice.

Then his gaze fell on Jayant, who was sitting on his own funeral pyre, with a burning torch in his hand. Kripacharya and Dronacharya were now stopped the chanting the mantras. As a result of it, Aryaka Naag was now floating on the fire altar.

"Rajkumar, why are you sitting on your own funeral pyre?"

Jayant stood up on the pyre. His eyes were burning with anger and hatred.

Now the whole ground was silent. Even, I was curious to see what happens next. Then, suddenly, I felt a presence behind me.

I immediately turned my head. A boy was standing behind me. He had a dark complexion. But his eyes were calm, and deep like the ocean. He had a golden flute in his right hand and a peacock feather in his head.

I knew him very well.

He was none other than the eighth avatar of Narayana, the one and only Sri Krishna.

But what was he doing here?

I gave him a mocking bow, "Pranipaat, bhagwan Krishna."

Sri Krishna smiled.

"I can see through your act very well, Kali."

He came towards me and stood beside me. Both of us were looking at the scene in front of us. But, Narayana himself is here, and now he would fail my plan.

"Your plan will fail, but with me doing nothing."

I was shocked.

"Impossible! Impossible!" I turned my gaze towards the yagnya. Jayant was now telling Aryaka about how Bheem tormented his brothers. He was adamant to finish the yagnya.