Chapter 13

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 13

Hastinapur, Dwapar Yuga

Jayant/ Duryodhana POV

I came to my room and saw Guha sitting on the floor. I quickly removed my shoes before he could even move. Guha looked at me and smiled. My head was feeling heavy. I went straight to my bed and lie down.

"Guha, rub my back and shoulders a bit." I said to him.

He came to me and started massaging my body. It was feeling nice. I closed my eyes, and thinking about the whole courtroom drama, when suddenly I heard the thin voice of mama Shakuni.

"Well done nephew, well done. Today, you literally wrapped them in your little finger."

"Pranipaat mamashri." I said while lying down, with closed eyes.

"Let me touch your feet, nephew. Today, you outsmarted every single one of them in the court. The face of that 'Kshatta' (son of maid), was literally something to see. He talks about moral, ethics and justice every time. Today, you trapped him in his own moral."

I opened my eyes and saw Mamashri trying to touch my feet. I quickly removed them.

"Mamashri, you are elder. You should not touch my feet. I also appreciate that if you not use such derogatory remarks about kakashri. He is a good man, though partial towards those half-devtas."

Shakuni was curiously looking at me.

"Why are you saying so, nephew? Vidura is the son of a maid and that is the truth."

"Mamashri, to me, only talent matters. Deivayanta kule janmo madayanta tu pourusham...that is the real thing. Birth and family are related to fate, but your talents may be physical strength or intellect, they are a human's own traits. They are human's own traits, not of half-devtas. The devtas will be always ready to assist them, not us."

Shakuni was silent, but I could say that he was in deep thought. I decided to change the topic.

"Mamashri, what about my spy network?"

"I called my finest men from Gandhar. They arrived yesterday. But we have to be careful. Because, Vidura's own spy network is very strong. Bypassing that will not be an easy task."

I was thinking deeply. Then I looked at Shakuni.

"Everyday early morning, I go to the river. Tell your men to pass me the news there. But I don't have much time Mamashri. Guru Drona will surely come to Hastinapur after knowing about his wife and son present in here. Then, we have to go to his gurukul for learning."

"You are right. Then I will send my men back. Don't worry."

I looked at him.

"You should go back with them too, mamashri."

Shakuni's facial expression became literally comical. That had some similarities with a crybaby.

"You want to banish me from Hastinapur? Why, my dear nephew? You are giving me this result after so much I have done for you?"

I looked into his eyes and said into a bored tone, "Don't act mamashri. I can see behind it very well."

Shakuni mama was now laughing. Then suddenly his face became serious.