Chapter 60

The Gall of Gammon

Disclaimer: This story is my humble attempt to write a fanfiction of the epic Mahabharata. My intention is not to hurt anyone's sentiment.

Aum Namah Shivay!!

Major Jayant Roy, SM is a fictitious character. Any similarity with any living person is merely a coincidence.

Chapter 60

Girivraja, Magadha, Dwapar Yuga

Jayant/ Duryodhana POV (continues)

"On your guard, son of Narakasura!"

The old warrior was sitting on the huge armoured elephant. His arrow was pointing straight to my heart. I pointed my arrow towards him. His skin was wrinkled, his beard, hair and even eyebrows where white. But those muscles told me that the old warrior was not someone to be taken lightly.

Bhagadutta was looking at me with hard eyes. Then a flaming Astra came directly at my chest. I jumped from its way and quickly shot a Nagastra towards him. But another arrow from him cut my weapon easily.

"Bloody hell!" I screamed in my mind. The sudden appearance of Bhagadutta was messing up with my whole plan. But I would fight until my last breath.

Suddenly, I saw the huge elephant charging at me. Supratika was coming towards me. That elephant was so majestic, that I was mesmerized for a moment. But, it proved nearly fatal for me. The huge elephant landed a heavy blow with his trunk in my body, and I fell down on the ground.

"F**k", I muttered while tasting the soil in my mouth. Then I saw one leg of it, coming towards my head like the mace of Yama himself. Quickly I rolled out of its way, for a moment, I almost forgot about my boon.

"That one elephant was enough to rattle the whole army of Pandavas in Kurukshetra." I thought to myself. Then I saw my bow lying on the ground.

In a moment, something flashed in my mind. I ran towards the bow and picked it up. Bhagadutta was a man of honour. He didn't hurl any weapons toward the unarmed me. Then I joined an arrow. I saw the descendant of Bhumi Devi, who was pointing another glowing arrow towards me.

I chanted a mantra, and my arrow glowed white. Bhagadutta and I released our arrows at the same time. His arrow hit me in my chest. Man, that arrow was really powerful. It didn't pierce my skin, but the force behind it threw me on the ground. My whole body was literally shaken by the impact.

Then I saw Supratika, who was standing still on the ground. Then the huge beast fell down on the ground. The ground shook under its weight. Bhagadutta also fell down with his steed. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down.

The Praswapa Astra knocked down the huge armoured elephant, but the warrior on it was still capable to fight. Bhagadutta looked at the fallen elephant then he looked at me. His two eyes were burning with anger. He took a huge battle axe in his hand and charged at me. In a couple of seconds, he was in front of me with that huge axe.

"You killed my Supratika! Now I will kill you!" He was now literally blind with rage, and he charged at me. I somehow countered his axe with my bow. But the axe cut the bow into two pieces. He again tried to land a blow on my head, but this time I managed to grab his both hands. The old man had an insane amount of strength in his body.

"He is the son of Narakasura, who was the son of Bhumi Devi herself. Of course he is strong!"

I had to use literally the last amount of strength in my body. But my efforts were proving futile now, because the king of Pragjyotisha was overpowering me. In one or maximum two seconds, he would pin me down on the ground.