32. A Talk

I hide my surprise as quickly as possible and smile at Mrs Devlin.

Y: 'Hi Miss, what  can I do for you?'

She smiles weakly.

MD: 'Do you mind if I come in? Me, you and Daisy need to have a little chat if your not busy?'

I nod and open the door so she can come in. I walk into the kitchen and she follows. Thank god I put a shirt on before answering that door.

Y: 'Daisy's in the shower right now, I'll go get her'

She nods and sits down at the dining table. I go into our room and into the bathroom. Daisy's drying herself and I smile at her.

Y: 'Miss Devlin is here for a chat with us both, get dressed and be quick'

She nods and discards the towel. She hoes out the bathroom to get changed and I go back out to the principal.

Y: 'Shes just changing quickly, would you like a drink?'

She shakes her head.

MD: 'No thank you,'

I sit down at the table opposite her and we wait for Daisy. She comes out a minute later and smiles at Miss Devlin.

D: 'Hi miss,'

She sits down next to me and we both focus on the principle.

MD: 'Hello Daisy, sorry to turn up unannounced like this but there was just a matter that immediately needed attending.'

I nod.

MD: 'So this morning, I had a complaint from a student who lives near you, I wont be naming them, about something last night'

Oh shit.

I try my best to remain calm and look slightly confused.

D: 'What type of issue?'

MD: 'They said that they heard hitting or the slamming of wood quite late at night and were concerned, do you know anything about it?'

I hear Daisy let out a long sigh.

D: 'Oh yes, that'

She nods.

MD: 'Indeed, could you tell me what it was? This will be completely confidential'

I take charge.

Y: 'It wasnt any of us hitting each other, nothing like that'

She nods.

Y: 'We were arranging our closet late at night, shes on her period and got very annoyed for some reason about the way it was arranged, and we just rearranged quite late at night. The slamming of wood that student must of heard were the wooden cabinets being closed'

I could feel the anger seeping from Daisy as she tried to remain calm. Miss Devlin nods and stands up.

MD: 'Oh dear ok, sorry it apparently sounded like an abuse claim,'

Y: 'I'd never do that to her, I grew up to respect women'

She smiles and nods.

MD: 'Right, I have a meeting to get too, sorry for the disturbance'

I get up and see her out and return to Daisy. Suddenly we lock eyes and burst out laughing. Between laughter we have a conversation.

Y: 'Oh my God I shit my pants when I saw her at the door!'

Daisy is sent a new fit of laughter and I go over to her seat and wrap my arms around her shoulders. She smiles and holds onto my arms and I kiss the top of her head.