《 Captured/I'm Sorry 》

Tw: angst, small panic attack
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•

Two bodies could be seen laying in the snow.

Ranboo popped his head out from behind a boulder that he was currently hiding behind.

"Papa?" He nervously called out with pure worry.

His eyes landed on his father figure and Quackity which caused his body to freeze up in fear.

"Papa!" He cried out as he ran over to his father's side.

The boy quickly looked at the three hearts that were on the fallen (H/c)ette's inner wrist.

The first heart...

It had started to crack and break apart.

Tears gathered up in Ranboo's eyes as he realized that his father had lost his first canon life.

A groan left Quackity's lips as he pushed himself upwards while clutching his throat which now held a scar.

"Looks like we both took out a canon life..." Quackity mumbled underneath his breath as he saw a missing canon life on the inner part of his wrist.

Glancing over, he saw how the other was still fainted with a worried Ranboo beside them.

Ranboo stiffened up as he watched the beanie male go over to the faint other's side.

Gazing up with teary eyes, the heterochromia eyed child wrapped his arms around the fainted male's figure.

"Stay away!" Ranboo cried out as he cuddled up to the male beside him.

Quackity clicked his tongue in annoyance and pushed the young enderman hybrid off to the side.

Ranboo fell onto his bum which released his hold on his father figure.

"Wait, no! Stop it, take me instead!" The boy cried out as he gripped onto Quackity's tracksuit.

Quackity kicked the boy away as he picked up the (H/c)ette into his arms.

"You can't just take papa away from me! Y-you don't h-have the right to!" He whimpered as tears went down his cheeks which started to scar.

A 'tsk' was the only thing that the older male responded with as he sent the younger a small glare.

Ranboo just responded with a flinch since he wasn't really used to being glared at with such malicious intent.

"You're just a kid, so you basically have no right to tell me what to do," Quackity grumbled.

Ranboo bit the inside of his cheek since he knew that the other spoke the truth.

"I may be a kid, but that doesn't mean you can take my papa away from me!" He whimpered out.

Quackity gazed at the other in silence before pressing a pressure point.

Black dots covered Ranboo's eyes as he weakly reached a hand out towards Quackity as the said male carried his adopted father.

"Pa...pa—"

Ranboo felt his body fall forward and straight into the snow, his figure making a gentle thud.

Small tears had left the child's cheeks as they allowed the darkness to take over them.

Quackity glanced down at the fainted double hybrid in his arms and clicked his tongue as he allowed a questioning look to come across his face.

"I wonder why Schlatt wants him really? I know one of the reasons is being his puppet but he must have another reason–" Quackity trailed off.

The beanie male then saw all the old but still somewhat healing injuries.

"Heh, he was fighting with injuries while as if a second health potion was almost out of his system. Is this really the one that nearly killed Dream? He's like a weak little animal that could get killed anytime," he rambled.

A groan left the (H/c)ette's lips as he started stirring in Quackity's arms.

Quackity jumped a bit in surprise and saw how the other was trying to fight themselves to wake up.

"Trying to wake up already? Dang, sometimes it takes hours to wake up after losing your first life... Well, that's what Schlatt told me anyway, maybe it takes minutes too."

Gazing ahead, Quackity continued his journey ahead.

Ranboo could feel himself get brought back into the light as he weakly opened his eyes.

Pushing himself up, the heterochromia eyed child looked around and felt more tears gather up into his eyes as he got up onto his feet, catching his footing as he stumbled.

"Papa?" He called out with a whimper and furrowed eyebrows.

Realization went across Ranboo's face as his eyes widened and shrunk.

His father had been kidnapped right in front of him, and he wasn't able to do anything.

White noise took over his hearing as his throat felt like it was closing up.

Gasping for breath, tears went down Ranboo's cheeks as he gripped at his pants, ignoring the pain that he felt on his skin.

"Papa!" He cried and screamed out into the silent air with his voice cracking a bit.

'Calm down, Ranboo... I have to find papa!'

Ranboo tried his best to calm himself down as he took in deep breaths before releasing them.

'I'm sorry, papa. But I promise that I'll find you!'

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅