Chapter 43

Amy was in the living room waiting for Kyle to come pick her up. She was browsing through the TV, looking for something to watch while she awaited his arrival.

Why would Kyle want to have lunch with her? She wondered, totally forgetting about the TV. It's not like she didn't want to have lunch with him. It's just, it's been a long time since they had a proper conversation, so what will she say when she's before him? That is going to be totally awkward for her, considering the fact that she still gets shy when she is in his presence.

Maybe that's because they never really got the chance to know each other better, since Kyle was always busy. She hopes that changes after lunch today because although she no longer had a crush on him, she would like to be friends with him.

Staring at the clock, Amy realized it was already 2:10pm. She reached for her phone and was about to give Kyle a call when her phone started ringing. It was Kyle calling, so she immediately answered the call.

"Amy, I'm so so sorry. I just got a call from the office that my presence is urgently needed" Kyle immediately explained before Amy could say anything.

She could tell he was driving, so she decided to reply him quickly and not get him distracted, even though she was a bit hurt that they won't be meeting anymore.

"It's okay, Kyle. I understand"

"Please, forgive me. I'll make it up to you, I promise"

"Really Kyle, it's okay... Just go do what you have to do"

"Thanks Amy, you're the best. I'm hanging up"

"Bye" Amy let out a sigh of disappointment.

'What were you thinking? That something different was gonna happen today?' Her subconscious asked her, making her feel like a complete fool.

'Having lunch with Kyle isn't the real issue here.' she then reminded herself. The real issue was how she was going to meet up with Bryan without her dad finding out that she wasn't with Kyle.

'This is so messed up.' she thought to her, after racking her brain for answers.

She was about to give up and send a quick text to Bryan to cancel their plan of meeting, when she remembered that today was Friday. Bryan usually returns from his company a lot earlier than her dad. She smiled at the realization and hurried upstairs to her bedroom.

  Bryan was watching the news in his living room when he heard the doorbell. He decided not to wait for his maids and stood up from the couch to get the door himself. He opened the door and was surprised to see Amy. She looked ravishing in a sexy red shirt dress with black thigh high boots. Her hair was up in a tight pony tail, giving her an innocent yet sexy look.

 Her hair was up in a tight pony tail, giving her an innocent yet sexy look

"I thought you aren't supposed to be here until later tonight?" Bryan asked, giving her a quick kiss. He couldn't hide the surprise in his voice because he wanted to have a special dinner with her tonight at his place, for the very first time.

"I changed my mind" Amy replied, making her way into the living room.

"Happy Valentine's day" She then said, handing him the Gucci shopping bag in her hand.

Bryan opened the box inside the bag and brought out a Gucci wallet and belt.

"Thanks love" He gave a warm smile, gesturing for her to give him a hug.

"I love you" He whispered into the hug.

"I love you too" She whispered back, letting herself get intoxicated by his cologne.

"I wanna show you something" Bryan said when he noticed Amy wasn't planning to let go of him anytime soon. He slowly pulled away from the hug and entwined their fingers, leading her upstairs.

Bryan stopped in front of Amy's bedroom, making her wonder why it had to be her bedroom. She thought he was taking her to his bedroom, so they could have an alone time.

'What's wrong with you, Amy?' She scolded herself, trying to bring her attention back to the real world.

Bryan then opened the door to her bedroom. Amy quickly caught sight of a box of red roses on her bed and a set of Mac make up.

 Amy quickly caught sight of a box of red roses on her bed and a set of Mac make up

"Oh my God! Bryan, it's beautiful!" She rushed towards the roses, as she couldn't contain her excitement.

"I didn't want Henry to get suspicious, so I didn't get you the typical Valentine's day present" Bryan explained, still standing by the door.

Amy ran to him and gave him a bear hug.

"Thank you" She said, gazing into his blue orbs.

Bryan gazed at her tempting cherry lips, slowly leaning in. Amy stood on her toes and closed the gap between them. The kiss was slow and passionate, as their tongues danced together. Bryan's hand wrapped securely around her waist, bringing her closer to him, to have a better feel of her.

Their kiss was soon cut short by Bryan's ringtone.

"Excuse me" He politely said before leaving the bedroom to pick the call.