One

"Officer one, report to ground".

"Coming in on our flank. We need numbers".

"Pad 14. What's going on down there? Status please. All pads report in immediately".

Lian and Bodhi were stood bent over the controls as they listened to the imperial transmissions. Lian had the rebel comm in one hand. His side practically pressed to Bodhi's as they listened tensely to what was going on.

"Oh no! We have rebels every where. We're taking fire!"

"Pad 12. Pad 14 requests assistance".

Bodhi reached up and flicked a switch then snatched up the radio. "This is pad 2", he spoke into the mic. "Pad 2. I spot fourty rebels heading west on pad 2". Then he handed the comm to Lian. "Get on there and tell them you're pinned down by rebels on pad five".

Lian took the radio. "This is pad 5!" He cried into the mic. "We're being overrun! Help us!" Then he let go of the record button and turned to Bodhi with a smile. "Good enough?"

Bodhi grinned and nodded. "That should do it".

"Pad 12, pad 10, pad 8, respond".

"Get reinforcements down to pad 5 immediately!" Lian and Bodhi sniggered as they watched more squads of troops run in the opposite direction. Hopefully they could give the rebels out there a bit more time by delaying the troop response.

Then a cry came down the rebel comm. "walkers! Walkers coming in from the east! Look out!" Lian cursed and gripped his staff so hard that his knuckles were turning white.

Another cry, a different cry came from the imperial radio. "Rebel fleet incoming! Lock down the base!"

"Shit they're shutting the shield gate", Bodhi cursed. The two of them shared a look. They were trapped.

"Bodhi! Bodhi can you hear me?" Cassin's voice crackled. "Bodhi tell me you're out there".

"This is Lian", Lian announced into the comm. "Bodhi's right next to me. We're standing by. They've started fighting and they're locking down the base".

"I know. Listen to me. The rebel fleet is up there. You've gotta tell them to blow a hole in the shield gate so we can transmit the plans".

"Wait", Bodhi snatched up the comm. "I can't. I'm not hooked into the comms tower. We're not tied in".

"It's the only way they're getting out of here. Find a way!" Then Cassian's voice cut off. Bodhi gave Lian a wide eyed look. He glanced around, brain whirring.

"Right", he muttered. "Right". He turned in a full circle. "Come with me". Lian followed him down the ladder back to the main hull of the ship. Bodhi wave at Jul. "Get ready", he ordered. "We are going to have to go out there". He walked over to where the wheel of an extendable cable was stored and hefted it out.

"What are you doing?" Jul asked.

"They're closed the shield gate. So we're stuck here. But the rebel fleet are pulling in. We need to let them now that we're trapped down here. For that we need to connect to the communications tower. Now I can patch us in over here, the landing pad. But you have to get on the radio. Get one of the guys out there to find the master switch. Get them to activate the connection between us and that comms tower. Okay?" Jul nodded nervously. "Then go!" Jul hurried up into the cockpit and began hammering down the comm.

Lian hung back. "What do you need me to do?"

Bodhi looked up. "You stay here. I need someone to watch my back while I do this". Lian nodded and held up his staff as he crept over to the open door to the hull. He peered outside and waited, watching as a few x-wings soared over head. Their guns taking down the walkers.