Thirteen

Lian had never heard of the planet they had been sent to retrieve supplies from, but then again he had never left Jedha before. He had never expected to and therefore had not paid enough attention in class when it came to lessons about the galaxy. He knew the core planets and enough of the inner rim to recognise where most of the trading ships that had often visited the holy city of Jedha. But he didn't know this planet nor much of the outer rim. Bodhi seemed to recognise the name though, which was a relief. Lian would have been lost in more ways than one without him.

Onderon was an inner rim planet with a jungle terrain. It was easy to get there and their journey held no surprises. Their ship slipping easily through patrols of imps and other cruising ships, relaxing them from a very anxious few moments. It took a few days, having to jump in and out of hyperspace as well as weave through the traffic of ships that only increased the closer they grew to the core. Bodhi made it clear that he would have preferred to stay in hyperdrive the whole time and cut the travel time down to about twenty hours. Lian much preferred to stay safe and spend longer on the ship even if it made Bodhi ansty. He was used to just heading straight to his destination but with the rebellion it was different. They had to take a few detours to make sure that no imperials were tracking them. Lian had not gotten the chance to experience space travel properly before (Cassian's ship did not count. Nor did the trip to Scarif) so he took the time to learn the basics on piloting, which Bodhi was eager to teach him. (It seemed that he was better behind a control panel rather than holding a gun). It was easy to pass the time and all too soon they were approaching their destination.

When they reached Onderon, the city they were to meet their contact was dark with night. Rogue one glided down out of the sky, lights off and Bodhi gripping the controls as he steered them smoothly down into a clearing outside of the city. The thick jungle trees provided excellent cover for the ex-imperial ship and Lian thought Yarvin 4 was green, he had never seen trees this tall. He gaped at them through his scarf as the ship came to a silent rest on the grass. When they exited it was to humid air and the distant noises of animals in the jungle. Their contact was to meet them on the west side of the city and Lian felt the force draw close around them like a cloak as they slipped through the dark towards the city gates. Bodhi on his heels as he lead the way. Cloak and scarf fluttering in the gentle breeze and staff held tight in one hand as the force circled around their forms. He couldn't do much with the force but bending it around him so that he could pass unseen was one of the few things that Chirrup had taught him as a child. It was needed when living surrounded by imperials. 

The city was a collection of stone and wood houses. The roads were muddy and the streets dark. the only light coming from the stars above and the occasional light from cracks in windows. Onderon had no moons and the gloom was thick. Lian had navigated caves with nothing but his senses and the force, he could handle a dark city. Even with the imperial troops patrolling the streets. Their loud marching footsteps alerted them to their passing a good minute before they arrived so it was simple to duck into hiding and wait for the patrol to pass. Lian would have thought it too easy, if it wasn't for the feeling of the force around them. It was agitated but not enough to warrant danger. Agitation coming from the undercurrent of fear and anxiety that filled the city. Imperial occupation left an affect on the society. Lian was familiar with the feeling from Jedha. 

The west side of the city was more run down than the south where they had parked. Buildings abandoned and grey smoke marks on walls from blaster fire and explosions. There must have been a battle here a while ago, for other than imperial patrols, it was deserted. Or, it was deserted until a tall green skinned female Twi'lek appeared out of an alley to their right. Body jumped but Lean just turned his gaze to her. She was dressed in skin tight layered clothing of shades of brown that blended her into the buildings around them. Lian was impressed at her casualness. She glanced at them as they passed. "Be careful. A storm blows east tonight", she spoke clearly. 

Bodhi and Liam both paused. "I thought it was to be a clear night tonight?" Bodhi replied, though his words sounded slightly shaky with nerves. The woman relaxed. 

"Hi, my name is Anoli", She held out a hand and shook both of theirs. "It's not my real name but it is what you can call me". 

"Pilot. This is Bao". Bodhi introduced. Lian shot him a scowl at the choice of fake name. His friend shrugged at him, lips twitching. Anoli seemed amused, which made the whole thing seem less dangerous than it actually was. 

"Right. Good to meet you. The supplies are this way. Where did you park?"

"Clearing south of here", Bodhi replied as she began walking, lekkus trailing down to her knees. Lian shadowed them as they made their way through several side streets and back into the centre of the city. Lights from open windows returned to the houses and there was more people around again. 

"You guys are going to need some help with moving it all back to your ship", Anoli stated as they turned a corner and she stopped at a door. She knocked on it four times with unequal timing before the wood moved and she slipped in. Bodhi and Lian going after her, the younger gripping his staff but the force wasn't warning anything yet. So he went in side. 

The room was basic, wooden table and chairs lit by a weak power source. One half of the room was full of crates. At least ten standing high with some baskets of fresh fruit and vegetables. Two men were seated on the table and they rose as they entered. One was a red skinned Twi'lek while the other was a dark skinned male human in his late forties. The woman behind the door was human with greying blonde hair. "Well", the woman commanded in a raspier voice than Lian had expected, the door closed behind them. "Are they sending children now?" Her eyes dragged up the two of them, lingering on Lian and the scarf pulled up over his face. "Remove your scarf", she ordered. "Let me see your face". 

Lian pulled his scarf down and exposed his face to the yellow tinged light. The older woman eyed his scars critically. "Huh", she nodded. "Less of a child than I expected. You've seen battle". Lian pulled up his scarf again. "I am Feylinn. This is Garret and Lag. Let's get these to your ship". 

unedited