Ch. 10 Wolf's Bane

THREATS
[1×09]

NOW THAT THEY KNEW DEREK WAS ALIVE, AYLA, SCOTT AND STILES ALL HAD TO KEEP HIM FROM GETTING ARRESTED. Both Hales had been giving Scott plenty of crap about him telling the police that Derek was behind the murders. But it was clear that Scott was at least trying to make it up. Which was why he was now sitting in the back of Derek's car, praying Ayla didn't kill both him and Stiles. They were currently in a car chase with Kate Argent, and given that neither of the boys were willing to fight her over it, Ayla was the one driving.

"Hey, you know, I'm not sure if you're grasping the concept of a car chase here," Stiles told her.

"I'm trying," Ayla snapped.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us," Stiles snapped. Ayla sped up more, and Stiles glanced out the window to see where the hunters were. "They're gone," he announced. He grabbed a walkie he had stolen from his father, turning it on.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."

|

Ayla drove them into the iron works, bringing the car to a screeching halt near Derek. He was currently being shot at by Chris Argent.

"Get in!" she yelled at him.

Derek quickly ran for the car, jumping in as bullets flew at them. Ayla then sped off once again. "Who the hell let her drive?" he wondered, sighing as he saw his niece in the front seat.

"You should know by now that you can't leave me with your cars," Ayla told him.

Derek groaned. "Do not give me flashbacks of finding you and Piper in my car last year," he told her, making her chuckle at the rather embarrassing memory.

"Are you two done?" Stiles wondered.

"Definitely," Ayla said, not really wanting flashbacks of that particular memory either. All she could really remember was Derek's face when he caught them and her fear of being grounded when Laura found out.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott asked.

"I had him," Derek told them.

"Who, the alpha?" Stiles asked, leaning forward from the back seat.

"Yes! He was right in front of me and the freaking police showed up," Derek told him.

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs," Stiles reminded.

Derek turned to glare at him, making Stiles shrink back. The oldest Hale then turned his glare to Scott. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state," he said.

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it," Scott told him.

"Yes, but you have a tendency to make dumbass mistakes and that's part of the issue here," Ayla told him with a smirk.

"Who's side are you on?" Scott asked her.

Ayla shrugged. "I'm just here at this point," she told him.