CHAPTER 40 - NOW THEY KNOW

Graduation day.

Mina's POV

"Jonathan Edwards"

The tall, good-looking, obviously popular guy walked up the stage amidst cheers and collected his diploma. I sat there just casually thinking, why they got so many fine guys in this town?.

The announcement of student names continued for a while, then they got to M and I paid more attention.

"Mathias Greenwood" I stood up with Eve and Mae and we cheered loudly. I could see Matt on the stage shaking his head at us, acting like we were embarrassing him when I'm certain he just loved it.

We sat down again and I partially tuned them out and chatted on my phone. They got closer to V and I paid attention again.

"Violet Kent"

The three-woman band of cheerleaders repeated their outstanding performance along with Violet's parents. The only thing missing was our pom-poms. Violet was more gracious and even blew us a kiss.

After some speeches which I barely listened to except Violet's of course, and an army of tassels had moved from right to left, the ceremony was over. We all made our way to the front of the school where we stood on the lawns taking pictures. I took a couple of pictures with Violet and her family, then proceeded to find Matt, Eve and Mae. I found him on the far end of the lawn taking pictures. As I approached, I noticed the sour expression on Matt's face as the fiery-haired sisters made him pose for picture after picture.

"Just one more" Mae said pulling him back, as he tried to step away.

"Mom" He groaned.

"Just one more, please."

"You said that 10 pictures ago"

"Let her have this Matt" Eve said. "You only graduate from high school once"

"Let her have this? It's my graduation!" he exclaimed.

"It's my son's graduation, so shut up and smile for the camera" Mae snapped but sweetened up in an instant.

"Oh look at you". She cooed looking at the picture she'd just taken. "This is going on the wall in the living room. Okay, let's all take one together. Excuse me mister..." she spoke to a man standing close to us and handed him the camera. She beckoned on me to join in and I did. We posed and there were a couple of flashes.

"Okay, let's make funny faces for the camera" Mae said and Matt looked heavenwards.

"Yeah, like......pig pouts...that will be cute" I agreed. Matt glared at me, and I chuckled even more.

A couple more flashes and the man handed the camera back to Mae who began to look at the pictures with Eve.

"So you're done with highschool now" I said to Matt. "Congrats again."

"Thank you. I feel so relieved." He said spreading out his arms.

I laughed. "c'mon, it couldn't have been that bad..."

"Adam" I heard Matt say. He was looking behind me and had a real smile on his face this time. I turned to see Adam strolling leisurely towards us. I was slightly surprised he was here, then I reminded myself that this was his cousin's graduation.