EPILOGUE - PYRRHIC VICTORY

Luke's POV

I sat in my father's office tapping my fingers rapidly on the arm of the chair. I was slightly nervous, but I also felt a brazen liquid running in my veins. Its name is power. Today is the day I wield my power.

He walked in and went straight to his chair barely sparing me a glance.

"Son if this is about the Edgar deal, you might as well save your breath" He said as he sat down.

"Good morning father, Nice to see you too" I said in a calm voice.

He looked at me and then back at the newspaper in front of him. It had a picture of me and Olivia at Crunchies the day I proposed. It's been more than a week and the whole town was still talking about the engagement. I looked away from it and fixed my eyes on my father.

"I'm here to talk about the ownership structure our company" He looked at me and I continued. "I just realized you made that whole announcement about me being the CEO in Twinhills but nothing really changed on paper. I don't like that"

He chuckled. "That's how it's going to be Luke. You don't climb Everest with one step. It's a process"

I leaned forward abruptly. I didn't come here to trade words. "Here's what's going to happen. You're going to transfer 70 percent of your shares to me, right now"

He belted out in laughter. "Are you high?"

"I know about Exodus."

He sobered up immediately and I smirked. "You see, Chipmunk and I had a chat the night before I killed him, and he told me everything"

I saw the fear and doubt creep into his eyes even though he maintained a poker face.

"You're bluffing" He said

"January 16th, 2014. July 5th, 2016,  November 7th, 2017. I'm sure you remember the role you played on these dates."

He furrowed his brows. "I don't know what you're talking about".

"I have possession of a chip with information on your transactions with the raven ring" I said as I sat back with a smug smile on my face.

He loosened his tie slightly. "Whatever you think you got, I wasn't involved" I could see the beads of sweat on his forehead. I had him cornered.

"Your spies have been leaking out FBI information to you. You sell it to the to the ring in exchange for a fortune. You're probably the reason the FBI has been unable to bust the ring for years. You are guilty of obstruction of justice, espionage, and I'm sure the FBI will have a lot more charges to add to the list" I told him with venom in my tone.

"Careful" He warned in a deadly tone. "I also have things on you. You killed Chipmunk"

"Prove it" I tossed back. He couldn't and he knew it. Because he had cleaned everything up. There were no cameras in the room, Miles confirmed it when I asked for the feed. It was literally his word against mine.

"Why didn't you play your cards sooner if you had them all along?" He sounded genuinely curious.

"I wanted to give you the benefit of doubt. I wanted to see if you'd do right by me. But all you did was exploit and manipulate me" I replied smoothly.