ⲤⲎⲀⲢⲦⲈꞄ 2

"YOU MUST SURVIVE MILO!"

Water.

Layer apon layers of thick water.

"milo"

He was sinking.

"Milo!"

Diving deeper and deeper into the blue.

"MILO!"

"Milo, look at me!"

Through a thick white haze, a woman appeared, her hands grasping his peitte shoulders.

The woman was crouched in front of him to meet his eyes.

Behind her, he could make out panicked silhouettes scrambling and blending together.

There was a dense smell of blood and dust in the air.

"Look at me", the woman said in a soft tone, contrasting to the rising terror around them.

"Mommy, what's happening?", the boy asked.

The woman shook her head dismissively.

"It doesn't matter what's happening now. What matters is what will happen"

An intense rumble began to shake the ground beneath them as a tremendous ball of brilliant light cut its way through the clouds and covered the space around them in a bleached glimmer.

The world around him had lost its saturation and hue.

It was flat.

It was getting closer.

The boy looked up at it in curious wonder.

The woman took his small face into her hands to focus his attention on her next instruction.

"Listen to me Milo", she said glancing at the advancing ball of light, as if she was checking a watch on her wrist.

She knew she was running out of time.

"No matter what, you must always remember this moment!", she gazed deep into his widened eyes, "You must survive Milo!"