ⲤⲎⲀⲢⲦⲈꞄ 14

"EVEN IF YOU START TO HATE ME , I'LL STILL BE THERE ."

After patching up his wound, she helped him off the counter, allowing him to slip on a shirt and join her on his bed

Milo sat in silence, anticipating the information he was able to receive.

Bonnie let out a shaky breath.

"When you woke up, I told you, you'd only being asleep for 10 years"

Milo nodded along with her, biting his lips.

"It's been 100"

"100 years?", Milo echoed.

She nodded, confirming her first confession.

"I didn't want to freak you out, I thought it was the right thing to do but it wasn't and-"

"But when I woke up... The tablet....", Milo stumbled, struggling to order his thoughts, "It said that I'd been asleep for 10 years"

"It says that for everyone, but after a while, they tell you the truth. They do it to settle us in and avoid panic"

Milo's quietness was making her nervous.

"M-Milo, I'm so sorry, I should've told you the truth but-"

"It's okay Bonnie, I understand", he consoled, placing his hand over her shaking one.

With the physical and verbal encouragement, she continued.

"At first, they didn't look like humans, they looked like monsters, but they started taking over and using us as vessels. They took over enough people to integrate into society and watched how we lived, finding our weaknesses"

Milo's eyes widened, missing pieces of the puzzle beginning to materialise and fit together.

"When they were confident enough they sent down the 'The Light'. It was this big bright ball of light, containing more of them. It wiped out more than half the population and made the world impossible for human life to thrive. So they took what was left of us and put us on this ship" 

It made so much sense.

Milo felt dreadfully enlightened.

He turned to Bonnie after a moment of processing.

"How'd you know all this, I thought no one could remember?"

Bonnie physically flinched at the question.

"They turned my dad into one of those things, I couldn't forget that even if I wanted to", she spat.

"At its peak, a quarter of the world's population had been taken over by them, but nobody realised until it was too late", she explained.