ⲤⲎⲀⲢⲦⲈꞄ 22

"THE END IS NEAR"

Everyone was dead silent, none of them daring to interrupt the stillness of the hall and the song of the monster that lurked beyond the walls

The gargling and moaning continued, the air around each panicked body becoming thicker and thicker.

Until it choked them.

"I can't take this anymore!"

A voice cried out burdened by the tension.

His hands were buried in his hair, locks beginning to detach from his head.

The people around him desperately tried to calm his nerves.

However, their efforts were in vain.

The gargling had stopped.

It was is whatever was behind the door was listening to the whereabouts of its prey.

It was waiting to strike.

Milo held Bonnie close to his chest as he waited for their fate, keeping Tim and Sam close to him.

Suddenly, with a loud bang, a hole was whacked into the wall.

A long, fleshy tentacle slivered through the hole, making its way towards the voice.

That's when it struck. A large, sharp blade ripped through the tip of the tentacle and plunged itself into the body of the panicked man.

The dagger shoved itself through the abdomen of the male, turning his yells of fear into shrieks of anguish.

Blood poured from his torso as the weapon ascended, pulling the body with it.

His friends below screamed out for him as they watched the life drain from his eyes, along with the organs from within his body, which began to drop out from the chasm in his stomach.

Milo's body violently shook as he pushed Bonnies head into his chest, shielding her from the gruesome scene in front of them.

Suddenly, with one quick motion, the man was pulled into the hole in the wall and out of the hall.

Piercing screams erupted from behind the walls, divulging the horrifying fate of the man, who was now deceased.

With the final cry of anguish, many people inside the hall followed.

The hall, which was once silenced by chilling tension, was now wild with screams of terror.

Milo looked around in panic.

"Guys come on!", Tim yelled, breaking Milo from his overwhelming thoughts,

"We need to get outta here!"

Without taking the time to reply, Milo followed the group through the panicked bodies, some being pulled up as more tentacles introduced themselves into the hall, snatching more of its inhabitants.