ⲤⲎⲀⲢⲦⲈꞄ 6

'THEY KNOW, I'M DONE FOR'

The hands on the sleek clock that was station's above his bed had danced around the surface, where joined formally and touched upon the delicate hours of dawn

Once again, Milo hadn't slept.

His subconscious would continuously attempt to entice him into slumber many times throughout the night, however, his heart wouldn't let him, punishing his slack with a flash of blood and electricity.

He was still sat by the toilet.

He hadn't even bothered to flush its acidy contents.

His head remained hidden in his trembling hands, a small pool of sweat assembling through the horrors and terror.

The hours of fear and concern.

Concern for Otis.

Concern for himself.

Concern for everyone who was trapped here, deceived by a false sense of security but being so close to misfortune, he could taste blood on his tongue.

BEEP.

ALL INHABITANTS MUST PROCEED TO THE CENTRAL HALL.

BEEP.

The moment the automatic announcement played, Milo felt as though his bones jumped out from his skin, the suddenness sending a shock to his run-down system.

Milo took a deep breath.

With one outpour of pathetic strength, the young man pulled himself up, with the aid of the toilet bowl, and stumbled out of the bathroom.

The room around him seemed to be opposed to staying still as it violently ran circles around him.

This caused each step to be accessorised with a weak sway.

Milo wiped the sweat from his hands into his joggers before he pressed his palm against the print reader, triggering the doors to slide open.

He began to walk amongst the blissfully ignorant, all of them walking in the same direction.

'Breakfast', Milo thought, shaking his head, desperately trying to regain his senses.

He had to link up with the thoughts of the other dwellers, he was too vulnerable to stick out.

He had to move the same.

Speak the same.

Think the same.

He knew that he had already been caught under the surveillance of the guards.

He couldn't risk it.