Ch38: Awkward

Felix kissed me. He actually kissed me!

My lips radiated and my heart felt like a vessel pumping fire and lava. It was wonderful, magical, terrifying, and so overwhelming. It was as if he'd released all of his stored up passion; like a giant tidal wave, it swept me up and spun me around until I was dizzy...until I could hardly breathe... until I was on the verge of drowning. Is that what he wanted? To kill me with his fire?

I rolled off of Felix's chest and onto the safety of the ground. I expected his drunken state to grab me and pull me into another kiss. Instead Felix sat himself up in a hunched position, holding a hand over his mouth. Were his lips burning as well? Was he feeling the same way I was?

Felix made a strange pained expression as his hands clenched his stomach. Was he feeling intense butterflies or something?

Suddenly, he angled his head over the floor as clear liquid poured from his mouth. He made gagged as the waterfall flowed. He took a deep breath before vomiting again. I leaped to my feet and rushed to the kitchen in search of a bowl. Sure, I could attempt to move Felix to the bathroom, but I was worried he would vomit all the way there. It was best to isolate one spot.

When I handed him a clear, plastic bowl, he collapsed off of the couch and landed on his knees as he hunched over and threw up five more times. I found it alarming that nothing but liquid was coming out (basically all the water he just drank), which meant his body was dehydrated again.

"I'll get you some more water," I said in my best calm voice. Really, I was scared. My body was shaking and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do.

So, I knelt down beside him and rubbed his bare back as he took tiny sips of water. Thankfully, I was too freaked out to think anything of touching his warm skin in a romantic way. Otherwise, I'd be giddy to the moon and back.

"You're going to be okay. I'm right here," I said in a soft voice.

He shifted his hazy eyes on me, before having another vomiting spell. Every drop of water he just drank ...gone. The muscles in his back were tight and I could feel his body shaking as well.

"Come on, Felix," I said, "you need to see a doctor."

He glared at me.

"No!" He protested, "I'm done now. Got it out."

I tried to pull on him, but he refused to move. He was too heavy.

So, I helped lay him back on the couch. He looked as if he'd been stabbed with a knife as he held his stomach. I grabbed him more water and made him drink so he would at least wash the stomach acid down. This time the water stayed in his belly.

He stared at me blankly as I cleaned up his messed. It took an entire roll of paper towels to wipe it all up. Then I sanitized the floor with some rubbing alcohol. Once my cleaning job was complete, I decided I would tuck Felix in with a blanket again, so he could sleep for real this time.

Instead, he sat himself up on the couch and patted the cushion next to him. Don't tell me he wanted more kisses. Absolutely not. Especially not after he threw up.

"Don't you dare put your tongue in my mouth after all that," I warned as I hesitantly took a seat.

He immediately grabbed my hand and gave it a  weak squeeze. He sent me a faint smile before his eyes shifted to my stomach. For a solid minute, he stared.

Then, he brought his knees up and positioned himself like a cat as he slowly crawled towards me. I backed up against the arm rest of the couch, about to leap up and run.

"Felix?" I questioned, trying make him look me in the eyes. This entire time, my stomach was the only thing he cared to stare at. What was he doing? I was not going to kiss him! Besides, I was pretty sure it was wrong to kiss drunk person.