The Hunt

We were in a dangerous situation, and things were going from bad to worse. The tracker was now stalking Bella, and to protect herself and her father, Charlie, she had to pretend like she wanted to leave. This would ultimately break Charlie's heart.

  Back at our House

Laurent paid us a visit and warned us about James and Victoria, he claimed that he had grown tired of their games. I had a hard time believing him, and his thoughts were telling me the opposite of what he was saying. At least we only had two dangers to worry about instead of three. 

   "I've killed one of our kind, not easy to kill but not impossible," Jasper told Carlisle. "I couldn't take the thought of killing another creature, especially a sadistic one like James," he replied. "What if he kills one of us first?" Rosalie asked with a scowl. "That won't happen, there's more of us anyway," I told my sister. "I'm going to run Bella south-" Edward started to tell Carlisle, but he cut him off, "The tracker knows you'll do anything to protect her, he'll follow you."
"Jasper and I will run Bella south, I'll keep her safe Edward." Alice volunteered.
"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" asked Edward with irritation. "Yes," she said, moving Bella to the side.
Edward started rummaging through some of the coats that Bella brought with her, and handed one of them to me, Esme, and then Rosalie. "Rosalie, Esme, Lilly? Could you put these on so the trackerwon't pick up Bella's scent?"
  "No problem," I said putting the green coat on. The smell was very sweet and strong. Esme put hers on as well, but Rosalie wouldn't.
"Why? What is she to me?" Rosalie scoffed. I have had it up to here with her constant complaining. "Really, Rose?" I muttered.
Carlisle stepped in, "Rosalie, Bella is with Edward, She is part of this family now," he picked up the coat that she had thrown to the ground. "Protect our family."
She scowled at the coat and then she finally took it. The remaining people drove away, and then Edward, Esme, Rosalie, and I began our task to lead the tracker away from Bella. We flitted through the woods.
We used the coats to spread her scent in random areas of the woods, which would drive James crazy. I knew deep down we couldn't confuse him forever, because he would figure it out eventually.
I had never met anyone like James, someone who hunted for fun and caused people pain just because he thought it was fun. I was afraid for Riley and my family. Bella was part of our family, and her life was on the line.