Hunting

"How do you feel?" I asked Riley. I cautiously held his hands because I knew how strong he would be after the transformation, he was stronger than everyone in the house. "I feel...invincible." Riley said in awe. Suddenly he inhaled sharply and put his hand to his throat.
"You need to hunt," I advised.

We ran through the forest as the sun was rising; no human would go deep into the woods so we would be safe. I was elated that Riley had survived the transformation, and he and I would be together forever.

After a while we stopped running, and the scent of animal blood filled the air. "Just let it come to you, but don't spring on the deer too soon." I was talking about an approaching buck that was minding its own business, and chewing on grass.

Riley nodded and kept a laser focus on the deer. His red eyes narrowed, he crouched down, and then he launched himself into the air. The buck tried to get away from him, but Riley was too fast. He pinned the deer to the ground and that was the end of it.

"I'm impressed," I laced my fingers with Riley's as we were walking back to the house. Riley smiled modestly, "Thank you, it's because I have a great teacher," he flirted. "You're sweet," I kissed him on the cheek.

  Emmett and Rosalie were waiting for us when we got back. "Well, look who it is," my brother teased. "How did the first hunting trip go?" Rosalie asked curiously.

"It went well," I told her, looking at Riley with pride. "I thought it was going to be difficult, but it was surprisingly easy," Riley said, he put his arm around me. "Everything is easy for us, bro," Emmett patted Riley on the shoulder.
"Says the guy who can take down a grizzly bear," I teased. "Hey, I like a challenge," Emmett shrugged. "A challenge that almost got you killed," Rosalie scolded sweetly. "But it led me to you," he kissed her.
I laughed, "Your story is more epic than mine."

   The four of us walked back to the house and the rest of the family was waiting for us.
Carlisle, Esme, Alice, Jasper, and Edward were there.
"How did it go?" Carlisle asked. "He did great," I told him with a smile.

Edward was looking at me with cold eyes, "Why did you do that?"
I flinched at his sudden harshness, "What?"

"Why did you change him?" he growled.
"Because he asked me to," I scowled. "You ruined his life!" he yelled. "Edward!" Esme scolded.
"Edward, it was my choice," Riley attempted to diffuse the tension. "I want to be with your sister forever; she told me the risks but I accepted them."
"It doesn't matter!" My brother ran off in anger.

Awkward silence followed.