The Standoff

Edward and Bella had gone to Jacksonville to visit her mother for the next three days, and our plan was about to be put into motion. Night had fallen, and my family, Riley, and I were gathered by the riverside waiting for Victoria to show up. The only sound that we heard was the river rushing down, and we listened intently for the Nomad vampire.
I held Riley's hand, we both promised we wouldn't leave each other's side for one minute; this was a series matter.

"Are you sure you saw her here?" Emmett asked Alice. "Yes, she'll be here any minute," she replied quietly, her gold eyes were wide with fear. All we heard in the moment was the slight breeze whistling through the trees.

"Now!" Alice suddenly yelled. Victoria ran past us, her red hair like fire in the night. Riley and I hung back as we all ran after her. Carlisle and Esme were running ahead.

Victoria looked back and her crimson eyes were full of anxiety, she knew that we knew about her plan. Suddenly, she jumped over the river, and suddenly she was on Quileute land. Emmett tried to be the hero and jump after her. "Emmett no!" Carlisle shouted. Suddenly a giant wolf with black fur knocked him into the water!

The wolf was growling at Emmett and he hissed. More wolves descended, and their eyes narrowed at us with hatred.

Victoria narrowed her eyes and ran off into the distance. We had another problem we were dealing with. Werewolves were already our natural enemies, and now Victoria was another adversary we had to take on.

It wasn't going to be easy.