Chapter 7

Marinette

I stared at the ceiling, wondering if my legs are ready to move yet. I turn my head to the side and look at the clock. It said 8:23. Okay. I have to be ready by 9 or Marin is going to drag me of the bed. We have to leave at 9:15 anyways. I sigh and force myself out of bed. 

I look through my clothes and after much debate, I find a good outfit. 

I put my hair in a messy ponytail and grab my phone

I put my hair in a messy ponytail and grab my phone. I walk out of my room and text Marin to come out of his room. 5 minutes later, he's out in an outfit similar to mine. He smirks and bumps my shoulder. Curse him being taller than me. 

"Great minds think alike?" I nod. "Yup." I pop the 'p' and we walk downstairs. I plop in a chair and wait for the class to come down. They always come after us. It was around 9:10 when they come into the lobby, chattering and talking loudly. 

Nathaniel manages to squeeze out of the crowd and to us. I smile. "Hey Nath! You okay?" He nods. "Yeah. I just needed to get out of their. Too much manipulation for me to handle." I squeeze his hand. He was a red like Caline, his mother, and could sense all the manipulation. 

"I see. Well, you can stick with us for a bit. But don't let the class notice. And if they ask, just say the same thing as normal." He exhales and gives me a small smile. "Thank you." He sits in a chair next to Marin, and the 2 of them start chatting. 

About? No clue. Probably boy stuff. The bus arrives and Caline claps her hands. "Alright class, roll call! Single file line please!" I sit up and get in my spot. I stand next to Marin as she calls out everyone's name. 

"Alix" "Here!"

"Max" "Present"

"Kim" "Here"

"Alya" "Here"

"Lila" "Here, Miss!"

"Nino" "I'm here dudette - er, I mean miss"

"Ivan" "Here"

"Marc" "Here"

"Chloe" "Here" 

"Sabrina" "Here!"

"Adrien" "Present" 

"Mylene" "Here"

"Rose" "Present Miss!" 

"Juleka" "Present"

"Marinette" "Here"

"Nathaniel" "Here Mothe- Miss"

"Marin" "Present"

(A/N: Did I miss anybody?)

She nodded and tucked her clipboard underneath her arms. "Good. Now everyone on the bus." We started shuffling into the bus, me sitting in the back as always, but this time Nathaniel sat next to me.