Chapter 81

The next morning, Celine and Akihiko immediately sat down for another serious conversation. The topic was Zavia, the Zionitte Emperor's concubine. 

After Celine realized that Zavia was actually some sort of evil being, she immediately realized that the concubine was probably possessed. 

"When I saw her on the battlefield, she nearly looked like a corpse. Maybe Zavia is a rotting, empty shell that the devil possessed?" She wondered aloud.

"Yeah, the body itself is probably still alive, but barely. The body is heavily malnourished and on the verge of death, which makes me wonder if the devil will find a new host. "  

Celine sighed, unable to grasp the present situation. "If someone outside overheard our conversation, they'd think we're crazy. We're talking about a concubine who currently commands the strongest army in the world and also happens to be possessed by the devil.  But I can't even reject this possibility because we were born with a dragon and fish as our familiars! I guess anything is possible here." She sounded dejected.

The emperor smiled lightly at her tone. "I find it odd that only the blood of Zionittes received such a blessing. I think it is safe to assume that the gods are real and once favored the Zionittes before abandoning us."

"You think the gods gave us another chance to save the world?" Her eyes widened.

"Of course. You happen to be a genius and we possess the strongest familiars. We were also able to obtain our memories from our past lives. Do you think this is a mistake and only possible because of my wish? I believe that there is a stronger being who helped bring my wish to fruition." He paused. "I also received news from my soldiers." 

The emperor informed her of the events that had transpired the previous night. 

It had come to light that Celine's father and many of his devoted soldiers had died instead of obeying Zavia's orders. They were found rotting deep within a nearby forest and Akihiko had given them proper burials for the sake of her step-family. However, Celine's father had still been alive, fighting until his very last breath to deliver a message to Celine. He had informed the emperor of Zavia's mind control and Emperor Laith's condition, along with a wish for Celine to protect his wife and son. 

The emperor was reluctant to share the news, knowing exactly how Celine would react. He didn't want her to save his family, for it was a dangerous mission and they couldn't afford to lose any more soldiers to carry out this task. The emperor also didn't want to lose sight of her.

However Celine surprised the emperor again. "Let's find a way to save the innocent families and Emperor Laith."

******

Celine was currently flying on Draco's back and overlooking a burning city. 

The Zionitte empire was currently burning and engulfed with flames.

She had barely convinced the emperor to let her go alone in order to not waste any soldiers. In fact, she had marched out after the emperor denied her proposal and flown straight to the Zionitte Empire in the middle of the night. Celine had pretended to reject the emperor when he wanted to accompany her to sleep. She had tightly closed the tent and instructed Eli to make sure no one entered, especially the emperor. Knowing that Celine was upset, the emperor reluctantly gave her space, which gave Celine a chance to leave during the dead of night. However, she regretted this decision and wished she had came as a group. The ashes fell down like snow as if the world was ending. As she looked down at the melting buildings and terrifying black smoke, Celine realized she could only save a handful of people.