Chapter 39

Celine watched as Prince Laith struggled to speak amongst the superficial woman flanking his side. She saw that he had noticed her and became disgusted by his awful timing. His face had brightened when they locked eyes for a split second. 

She grunted inwardly, for she hated giving him any sort of satisfaction or attention. 

I look like the other woman right now! Celine lamented.

Thankfully, Hala had tugged her arm in an attempt to pull her away from the scene. When she met Hala's anxious eyes, Celine's mood worsened. Hala was usually never nervous, unless the matter was related to the emperor or Sir Viliga. Considering how it was late in the evening, Celine deducted that the emperor had sent for her again.

Back then, Celine was exceedingly anxious, especially since she was facing an emperor. After she became a victim to the his assault, the emperor became a constant reminder of the harsh reality she lived in. She would remember that she was living in a world without advanced technology; a world where women weren't respected and democracy didn't exist. Upon realizing how she would never return to her comfortable, previous life, Celine felt an overwhelming feeling of anguish. She was crushed by the grim reality she faced and constantly lived in fear.

However, Draco had returned to her side, offering Celine warmth and protection. She felt secured with the reassuring fact that her familiar would continue to defend her. Her attitude had become more optimistic, and she didn't feel the need to overthink trivial matters as much. 

Her nervousness was replaced with the feeling of excitement. Celine's breathing was slightly abnormal, and her hands seemed to sweat profusely. A strange sense of haziness clouded her vision, yet her surroundings was clearer than ever.

"Hala." Celine sounded breathless, walking as if she was in a daze.

Hala was alarmed. She expected her master to melt down, yet she couldn't find a trace of panic in Celine.

"Tonight might be the start of a new reign." Celine chuckled historically. 

"My lady! You can not say that!" Hala gasped, startled by the traitorous words.

They had already reached the emperor's private quarters, where Hala was forbidden from entering. Emperor Michaelis had deliberately driven out every servant, stationing guards outside of his chambers to ensure nobody interrupted him again.

The guards urged for Celine to proceed, blocking Hala from following in. Celine faced her servant once more.

"Don't call for the Second Prince." She issued a warning and nonchalantly walked in. 

As soon as her master was engulfed into the darkness of the room, Hala ran for the Second Prince's residence. She ran as if her life depended on it, for she recalled Celine's expression after she had defeated her father. It had been similar to the expression she wore moments before entering the emperor's chamber. Her multicolored eyes gleamed fiercely, and luminous figure appeared lethal. Almost as if she had become inhumane. 

Hala was afraid that Celine would truly commit a terrible deed and become evil. 

Zayden was reading a text on the windowsill when she barged into Prince Zayden's small room and skipped the formal greetings. He immediately snapped the book shut as he frowned upon  Hala's intrusion. He wanted to comment on Hala's impoliteness towards a royal family member, yet she interrupted him again.

"The emperor has called for Celine again! She entered his chambers just now!" Hala burst into tears.

She hiccuped and shivered in fear as she saw Zayden's reaction. The tense air suffocated her, and she lowered her head with widened eyes. "P-please help.. l-lady Celine.."