Chapter 84 + announcement

ANNOUNCEMENT: Hey guys! Thank you for reading, I had so much fun writing this story. As we near the end of the story, I will release one chapter every 2 days! As I am finishing up on the ending, let me know what you want to see more of or if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them here.

Zavia wore a smug smile, or whatever her twisted expression meant to display. She stood behind her men, holding onto the horse despite appearing malnourished with her skin outlining her bones. They were located in the same field as the first battle, right where it all started. Both sides had grown in numbers, partly because of Zavia's brainwashing method and Emperor Akihiko's attempt to gather multiple countries into an alliance to keep the world from falling apart. It was a fight between Zavia's army and the army that couldn't be controlled by her. Akihiko ordered to never take out their earmuffs and helmet, and with Celine's added protection, their army almost seemed formidable. They hoped that this would be their last battle before the winter storms hit.

Emperor Akihiko and his men were more confident than ever. The dozen Chinese fire lances had been equally distributed to the best soldiers in the cavalry and infantry. While revolvers were used by less steady hands such as Celine, the rifles and shotguns were given to Emperor Akihiko and five of his best men. Although Celine held a revolver, she was the only one who could drop a grenade safely onto Zavia's side. This was her main mission, and hopefully it would end the war. After realizing that the devil within the concubine's body refused to take on another host, she wanted to destroy the both the devil and the body. 

The emperor smirked, wondering if the devil would still smile when there was a bullet lodged into her head.

Zavia's smug smile grew wickedly as the battle ensued. 

The opposing side ran like savages towards them, although Emperor Akihiko instructed his men to remain in a defensive position. They nervously stood still, impulsively tightening their grip on their weapons. It felt odd watching their enemies run to them and wondered what was going to happen. The emperor yelled for his chosen men to raise their weapons and fire.

A thunderous sound of explosion shook the hills, deeply shaking both sides by the suprising booming noise. Celine and Draco bolted into the sky and aimed to drop the grenade at Zavia's feet. She needed to reach the army before the opposing side ran any closer to them. The arrows whisked past her, barely missing Draco's flanks. Even if an arrow managed to reach Draco, his hard scales along with his special armor immediately deflected them.

She found Zavia perched on a horse, with a piercing stare. As Celine flew above her, the concubine threw a menacing stare at her familiar. 

"Please die." Celine tossed the ball and missed Zavia's head. However, it landed at her feet.

The seemingly harmless ball dropped to Zavia's feet, who looked down in slight confusion. No one paid attention to what Celine had done, although one of Zavia's men picked it up to examine the contents.  Zavia lifted her face upwards to watch Celine, who shamelessly lifted up her middle finger. However, Celine turned away as the ball exploded and Zavia's men were either blasted into pieces or thrown to the ground.

Suddenly, Zavia's men were screaming in terror, and the ugly sounds nearly scarred Celine.

However, she continued to fly upwards without regret. If she succeeded, then it would mean the end of war.

Meanwhile, a man fell to the floor with a hole on his chest. The Zionittes struggled to regain order as each of their comrades began to fall one by one, splattering blood everywhere. No one knew why they were injured when no one had visibly gotten closer. It was as if an invisible arrow were ripping through their bodies in tremendous speed. The bullet moved so fast that most of the soldiers immediately fell dead. However, some still attempted to move, although they were eventually shot to the point there were multiple holes drilled into them.