7.

We arrive at the boneyard. There was already a bunch of people there, this party must've been going on for a while. John B parked in the front of the beach and everyone got out, except him.

"You coming, cupcake?" I heard JJ call from outside the Twinkie.

"I'll be out in a minute, grab me a beer?"

"I got you."

John B turned around as the others left towards the beach. I scanned the beach to see kooks and pogues alike.

"Hey, can we talk?"

"Mhmm."

"Is your mom hitting you again?"

I sat in shock for a moment, trying to keep my cool so I didn't start crying again. I felt my body twitch as I lifted up my shirt to show my ribs. I heard a sigh leave John B's lips.

"Rach, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. I want to tell you that there's nothing you guys can do to change what's already happened. I should've known this would've happened. It's my fault."

"Hey, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself, the only person you can blame is her. I'm going to give her a piece of my mind." John B said through gritted teeth.

"No, JJ and I talked when you guys came and picked me up. You guys can't say anything, ever. I'm just going to get my things and live with you, if that's alright."

"Of course. So, JJ knows?"

"Yeah, he told me about his dad too. I feel so awful."

"Yeah, you two are my best friends. I'm here for you guys always, and I hope you know that."

"I do. I am so thankful for you guys."

"Me too."

"And John B?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm really sorry about the whole kiss thing. I just-"

"You don't have to apologize. It's alright. JJ is one lucky man."

"JJ and I aren't a thing, I promise you that."

"You are blind, Rach."

"What?"

"He's in love with you. Like in love love. I've never seen him like this before. He cares more about you than any other girl on the island, anybody in general actually. I'm starting to think you're his best friend now."

"He does not. You're funny."

"Alright; ignore the signs. He's so protective over you, he made me stop by your house. I assumed he wanted something else from you."

"We didn't do anything but cry and hug each other. He tried to go and kill my mom but I didn't let him."

"He was really worried about you. Trust me. He wouldn't stop talking about you after you disappeared. It's a little obsessive."

"He's just making fun of me."

"No, he isn't."

"Let's just drop it."

"Okay, okay. But don't come to me when you realize Im right. I told ya so; ahead of time." He smiles, exiting the front door.

I slide open the back door to be welcomed by JJ with two solo cups.

"My lady." He bows down, handing me my cup.

"You're a literal fool, J."

"Im only a fool for you." He moaned.