17.

I wake up at Heywards shop, I could tell by the smell of fish filling my nose. I looked around to see JJ and Kie, standing by Pope. He was smiling, but I saw that he had similar markings on his neck that my mother had given me. JJ had bruises on his cheek and his busted lip had been opened again. I sat up, feeling something cold on my head. I look to that it was a piece of frozen fish.

I let out a shriek, causing everyone to turn around.

"Rise and shine, pretty girl." Kie called out.

"My head feels worse than a hangover."

"Yeah, that's what happens when you get clotheslined." JJ came out from behind her.

"Did it look cool? Like in the movies?"

"No, you literally were knocked out cold. Like dead asleep."

"Damn. I was hoping I looked badass."

"It was pretty badass when you tried to save us but then got knocked out." Pope laughed.

"Yeah, I bet it was. Are you guys alright?"

"As good as we'll ever be."

"I can't believe you head butted Topper." JJ laughed, placing his hand on Popes shoulder.

"You what?" I laughed along with them, standing up.

"It was an instinct I guess."

I saw Shoupe from the Sheriffs Department walk in.

"Good morning officer."

"I have a warrant for your immediate arrest, destruction of property." He held out handcuffs, causing me to feel lightheaded.

"What are you talking about?"

I saw the fear in Popes eyes as he looked to me and JJ. The handcuffs went around his wrists.

"Shoupe, I'm afraid you have the wrong guy. It was me." JJ said, stepping in front of me.

"Officer, it was me too. We did it, the both of us." I step in.

"What are you guys doing?" Popes eyes widened as the handcuffs were taken off him.

"It was my idea." JJ pushed me aside, trying to let him take the blame on his own.

"I helped. He didn't want me to, but I did. I did it, I unplugged the boat." I pushed him back again, placing my hands out.

"Alright, we'll take you both in."

JJ looked back at me as handcuffs were placed on my hands. I never would've thought we would've been arrested together, but I guess it was happening. I wasn't letting JJ take the full blame, especially since it wasn't his idea. I knew what would happen if he was arrested but he wasn't going to let go.

"You're an idiot, Rach."

"Right back at ya." I watched as they took JJ into the squad car. Shoupe escorted me to the other side of the car and placed me into the backseat.

I looked over to JJ as we drove away, watching Kie and Pope stand there not sure what to do next.

"Why? Why would you do that?"

"Because I'm not letting you take the full blame, you idiot. This was my idea."

"No it wasn't. It was mine."

"I let you do it."

"No you didn't. You told me specifically not to."

"What happened to we go down together?"

"I didn't mean it literally. You're gonna have this on your permanent record."

"So are you."

"You're different. You have places to go and things to accomplish. I'm just JJ Maybank that has no outlook on life."

"Don't say that. You do. You're going to go far in life."

"Maybe if we can get out of jail."