9.

I heard the door slam open, startling me out of my sleep. I yawned loudly and looked down to JJ, who was peacefully sleeping. He still had his arm around me, which I pulled off slowly and steadily to not wake him. He shifted slightly in bed, reaching out for me.

"Come back." He whined.

"Someone's here."

"What?" His eyes dart open.

"It's probably just the others."

"Oh yeah, right."

I place my feet on the ground, slowly lifting my legs off the bed. I stood for a moment.

"Are you gonna fall over again?"

"No. I think I'm good. How long were we out?"

He looks down to his phone.

"Well, it's 5am. Basically through the night then. Are you sure you're good?"

"Yeah, I feel like I'm walking on water." I held out my arms, gliding across the floor.

"That's probably the weed."

"Maybe it cured me! I'm cured! Hooray!" I put on a whole show for him, dancing around the room.

He just rolls his eyes and shakes his head, with a huge grin across his face that he was trying to hide from me.

"I know I'm funny, no need to hide your laughter."

"I am going to be taking care of you tonight, huh?"

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"JJ? Rach?"

"In here." I call from the bedroom, reaching to open the door. "You won't-" The door opens abruptly and hits me in the head, sending me sliding down the wall.

"Rach? Oh shit." John B appears in the doorway.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me, John B!" I held up my middle finger at him as I stood up. JJ just stood in the corner laughing at me once again. "You need to stay away from all doors!"

"I'm sorry! Sorry! You won't believe what we found."

"What? Money? Gold? Another dead body?" JJ sounded like a little kid on Christmas.

John B held up a compass with a large smile across his face.

"You found a compass?" JJ scoffed. "What's so cool about that?"

"It's my fathers. I think it's some sort of clue."

I knew that with saying that John B was about to take us on an adventure of a lifetime. He'd be searching high and low for his dad for almost a year now, when he got lost at sea. The man was a wreck for a long time and we all were here for him, but it had been really hard. He refused to believe his dad was dead, and this compass was going to prove to him that he was still out there.

"He could still be alive!" He said when no one said anything back to him.

"Yeah, he definitely could be. I'm so happy for you, man." JJ pulls him in for a hug.

"Also, we've got some problems. We were shot at after I came back up from the wreck."

"You were what?" I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Yeah, what I said. Shot at. These guys were on our tails. Kie stopped them, thankfully."

"My god. You didn't come and wake us up?" I pushed his shoulder lightly.

"No, you guys were sleeping, together. It was too cute for me to ruin." He said in a little kids voice.

"Oh, shut it. Why are you up so early?"