Chapter 7

Ava POV

Louis pulled me closer to him, and his hands slid to the small of my back. His head rested on my shoulder, his breath fanning against my neck. 

"What are you doing to me, A?" Louis spoke in English this time, and he held me close to his body,  kept me warm against the cold wind. 

"I only met you a few hours ago, but in that short time, you have already pulled me in. You are considerate, funny and so much more that I have yet to discover. If you'll allow me, that is." Louis lifted his head from my shoulder and gazed down at me. I peered up at him, my eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"What do you mean?" He was quiet as he looked at me. Slowly, his head was leaning down to mine again. My heart began picking up its pace for probably the one-hundredth time that night as he got closer and closer. Eventually, he stopped when our faces were an inch apart.

My heart was beating erratically again as Louis stared at me. His back was arched to be eye level with me. We were so close, I could feel his breath fan against my face. His eyes flickered to my lips then back to my eyes.

The sound of crickets chirping filled the void of silence, but all I could focus on was the feeling of Louis' hands on the small of my back. My heart beat faster and faster, and I felt a small excitement rush through me when he looked back at my eyes.

"May I kiss you?" His lips brushed faintly against mine as he spoke, and I felt my stomach fill with hundreds of thousands of butterflies. Like I was going to say no.

I answered by closing the distance between us and pressing my lips to his. Louis quickly returned the kiss. It was absolutely euphoric. His smooth lips moved against mine, and my legs felt like they were going to give out for the second time this night. The kiss began sweet, and our mouths felt like they were made for each other. I could feel sparks as our mouths moved as one.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my fingers in his hair. It was so soft. I grabbed a handful and tugged it lightly. He deepened the kiss in response, his tongue dragging against my lips, asking for entrance.

I kept my mouth closed and smirked slightly into our kiss. I thought I heard a growl, but that thought was quickly cut short when he pulled my hips flush against his. I let out a small gasp at the contact, and Louis took that opportunity and swiftly pushed his tongue into my mouth. He leaned me back slightly, holding me up with ease as he hovered over me. 

He explored my mouth eagerly. I don't know how long we kissed for, but I didn't want it to stop. As he kissed me, I felt like nothing else in the world mattered. There was nothing else to focus on other than him.

Eventually, we had to stop for air. He lifted me upright before he pulled away. Our foreheads were touching as we caught our breath. My eyes were closed while I took deep breaths.

"Open your eyes." I opened them without hesitation, looking into his. He slid a hand onto my cheek, his thumb rubbing back and forth and I unconsciously leaned into his touch. Louis and I just looked at each other.

He began to lean in again, and I closed my eyes, waiting for him to make contact. But before he could, there was a faint noise.

"Everyone return to the ballroom immediately." There was a voice in the distance, so quiet that if we were talking we wouldn't be able to hear it. Louis pulled away from me and looked in the direction of the voice. He moved away from me and I felt an immediate chill from where his hands used to be. I turned to Louis and saw him grabbing his suit jacket and unfolding it, before walking back to me.

He hung his jacket over my shoulders, and I tugged it closer to me. I looked up at him with a smile. He smiled down at me and gently grabbed my hand. He lifted it to his face and kissed the back of it softly. Butterflies returned to my stomach when he kept eye contact, but another feeling ran through me as he lowered my hand. I couldn't describe it though. I had never felt it before, so I ignored it as he took my hand once more and led me down the stairs of the gazebo back to the Palace.