Chapter 53

Louis POV

I had just had the best sleep of my life, and it was all thanks to the woman who lay beside me.

I held her closer to my chest, and she snuggled into me with a satisfied smile. I couldn't hold back a smile of my own as I gazed down at her. She was such an exquisite woman.

I'm unbelievably lucky that she even considered forgiving me. And I know she believes the same but with me.

The morning light broke free from the curtains, glistening her face with light. She mumbled gently, and her eyes opened groggily.

My angel looked up at me, smiling as she rubbed her eyes. "Morning, Lou."

I smiled. "Good morning, mon étoile. Did you sleep well?"

"Best sleep I've had in ages." She admitted. She wrapped her arms tightly around me and lay her head on my chest.

"As did I."

We lay in silence, enjoying the comfort of one another's presence. My fingers trailed down her arms, smiling at the goosebumps that followed.

"What were you wishing to do today?" I asked, kissing her softly.

"Well, I was hoping I could spend the day with you," she said, looking up at me hesitantly.

I chuckled. "Of course you can, mon étoile. I was going to suggest the same." I ran my hand through her hair. "It would be a good idea as well, so we can discuss your coronation."

She was silent, and I noticed the sudden tension in her shoulders. I sat her upright, sitting behind her, and began massaging her shoulders.

"Mon étoile, what's wrong? What's bothering you?"

"I just, I know that it would happen eventually, I was just hoping we wouldn't have to talk about it straight away." She said quietly, as though she was expecting me to freak out or get angry.

I kissed her shoulder, smiling when she shivered at my touch. "Ava, my love, do not worry. About anything. We don't have to talk about anything you don't like. I'm just so excited to start our future together, I can't help myself."

Ava looked over her shoulder, a wide smile gracing her face. "I can't wait either."

I smiled and kissed her softly, continuing to massage her shoulders. Eventually, we had to get out of bed.

We joined my parents for breakfast. Ava was nervous at first, but quickly became comfortable when my parents told her that they didn't hold anything against her.

After that, we met with Sam. He was a little more cold to Ava, but he quickly forgot about it.

Later in the afternoon, I took Ava back to her house, and her mother invited me to lunch. I accepted, and Quin and Olivia joined us later. As soon as they saw me, they put two and two together quickly, and they were happy to say the least.

I asked Ava and her mother if I could stay the night, and they agreed.

"I thought your mother would be slightly more angry with me leaving," I confessed in Ava's room. She still had some of my old clothes, which made me smile. They smelt just like her.

"Why would she be?" She asked as she joined me under the covers.

"I think the question would be, 'why wouldn't she be'?"

Her head lay on my chest, and she gazed up at me. "Babe, the whole situation is complicated. If anything, I'm to blame for it."

"Mon étoile, we've been through this, have we not?" I questioned, looking down at her with a slight smile.

"Yeah, but still."

I chuckled. "Let's just say we both are part to blame." She opened her mouth to disagree, but I stopped her. "I don't want to hear anything more of it, my love. We both know it's true."

She sighed, but said nothing else, wrapping her arms around me.

Just as we were drifting off to sleep, Ava mumbled something against my skin. "What was that, my love?"

She pressed her face further into my chest. "I love you." I could barely hear her, but her words made my cheeks flush and I couldn't hold back my smile.

"I love you too. Sleep well, mon étoile." I kissed her head gently, and a small smile fell across her lips. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep.

* * * * *

I woke up to fingers wading through my hair. I let out a content sigh and leaned into her touch, rewarded with a quiet laugh.

"Morning, baby," she spoke softly, treating me gently in my sleepy state.

"Goodmorning, love." I groaned, still relishing the soft touch of her hand through my hair.

She noticed and twirled some strands between her fingers. "Did you sleep ok?"

I smiled, my eyes remaining closed. "Of course."

There was silence for a few moments, and I looked up at Ava from her chest. "Yes, my love?"

"What, how did you know I wanted to say something?"

I grinned. "You always scrunch up your nose a little bit and have an adorable look on your face." She blushed, and I couldn't hold back my laugh. "So what would you like to ask me?"

"Well, I was wondering if we could, maybe," she hesitated, "go out today?"

I took my head off her chest and stared at her, unable to control my smile.

"Ava Howard, are you asking me on a date?"

Her cheeks reddened even more than before, and her eyes were wide. "Howard? That's not my last name."

"It is as far as I'm concerned." I sat up and pulled her onto my lap. "Now answer my question please."

She shied away from my gaze, but I cupped her face and made her look at me, kissing her softly. "I would love to go on a date with you."

She grinned, kissing me again. "Great. Maybe we could do it in public?"

My heart hammered in my chest. "You'd want to do that?"

She looped her arms around my neck. "Well yeah, if you're fine with it, that is. I know we still haven't found the person who took those pictures, but if you're ok with going out with me in public. If you don't, that's completely fine-"

I kissed her, stopping her rant. When I pulled away, I kept my forehead against hers. "Who cares? I want everyone to know that I'm yours and you're mine."

She squealed and threw herself against me. We fell back against her bed, and I laughed.

"I love you so much, Louis." She muttered against my neck. I raked my hand through her hair.

"I love you more, Ava."