Chapter 55

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic New Year's and Christmas, if you celebrate.

Some exciting news—since my books are coming to an end, that means the beginning of something new. If you have any requests or ideas for a book you'd be interested in reading, please let me know, and I'll hold a vote of sorts at the end of each book.

Thank you all for reading this book <3 I hope you all stick around for the next few.

Please be sure to let me know if any errors and please enjoy!

Ava POV

Being able to spend everyday with Louis made me wonder when my luck would run out. We spent every second together, and I thought Louis would eventually get sick of me, but he couldn't get enough of it.

He would rarely let me out of his sight and was always touching me, whether that was holding my hand, or touching my back.

I thought I would be used to it by now, but I still got little shivers every time his hand touched mine.

We lay in bed late into every morning before we went through the day together.

He had managed to convince me and my mum to move into his house permanently, and the very next day, everything from our house was gone and in his.

I struggled to think what my life would be like if I hadn't met him, if I hadn't bumped into him at the masquerade. In a way, I have that creep to thank.

The bed beside me dipped, and two strong arms wrapped around my waist. I sighed contently, letting myself sink into his touch. "I'm sorry about that. I had a call."

I laughed, "You're a king, Lou, it's kinda your job."

He nuzzled his head into my shoulder, his laugh fanning against my skin. "You're going to be queen soon, so it will be your job too."

"Stop talking like that--it's too early."

"So you don't like me talking about marrying you? Is there something you want to tell me, mon étoile?"

"Yes," I shuffled around, glaring at him with tired eyes. "Let me sleep."

Louis always had a way to make me nervous. He always knew I would become shy as soon as he mentioned marriage, but he never knew why. 

Maybe he thought it was because I wasn't ready, or I swooned at the thought of marriage with a prince, but it wasn't either of those things.

It was the way he could say it so easily, without regret or hesitation.

If I only had those same traits.

Louis laughed as I rolled back around, closing my eyes and trying to go back to sleep, but it was useless.

His cold hands frisk under his shirt onto my stomach, and I jump up with a quiet glare. Sleep was always impossible with a mischievous Louis.

He laughed as I stormed to the bathroom, but he went silent as the shower turned on. I heard rustling on the other side and grinned.

With my clothes off, I step into the steaming shower, ignoring the bangs against the door. "Ava, let me in!"

I chuckled at his whines, continuing to wash and wake myself up but never responding. "Please, my love, I'm sorry. Just let me in."

This was a tactic I had become very fond of whenever I found myself getting annoyed–I just walked into the bathroom and had a shower, regardless if I had already had one that day.