Chapter 27

Ava POV

I slid on the second shoe and rose from my seat on the couch, and admired the dress I wore. It was a gorgeous floor-length gown that trailed behind me. Around the waist down were large sparkes, but they multiplied in amount and lessened in size from the waist up. There was this thing that was made of the same material of the dress that went around my neck, and cascaded down into a see-through cloak of some sort that trailed behind me along with the dress. I didn't know what it was or how to describe it, but it was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen.

 I didn't know what it was or how to describe it, but it was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen

I slipped on the mask made of the same material onto my face, and couldn't help but admire how I looked in the dress.

"My, oh, my," I tore my gaze away from the dress and to my mother who rolled into the room, her mouth dropped open in awe, and I let out a giggle. "How much you've grown. It feels like just yesterday you were dancing with your father to such silly songs." She put a hand on her chest at the nostalgic memory, and I gave her a soft smile.

"No need to worry mum, I won't be leaving you anytime soon."

"Oh, I know you won't," she grinned. Just then, a beep sounded from my phone, tearing us away from our conversation.

"That's probably your 'mystery man'," my mum winked, and I gave her a grin. "I'll leave you to it then. And make sure to enjoy yourself, Ava. You deserve it." I gave her a nod, and she left the room. Another beep sounded, and I picked up my phone and looked at the notification. I smiled when I noticed that it was indeed from Louis, and I opened the phone and went to 'Messages'.

Louis: I can't wait to see you, princess.
Louis: There should be a black BMW 7 Series parked a few streets down
Louis: Just look for the very fancy car
Louis: I'll see you soon, my princess

My heart fluttered at the last message, and I started my walk outside. I felt extremely overdressed as I walked, but thankfully there was nobody outside.

Just like Louis had said, there was a very fancy car a couple of streets down, and I headed towards it. Once I had made it to the car, I noticed a man standing beside it.

I kept my eyes on him as he gave me a short bow.

"You must be the woman Prince Louis was referring to," he stated as he lifted himself back up. I gave him a soundless nod, and he opened the door beside him. I gave him a small 'thank you' before sliding into the seat and putting the seatbelt on with a click. He closed the door behind me and jogged lightly to the driver's seat.

I stayed silent as he started the car and drove. I saw roads that I had been familiar with my whole life, turning to ones that I had only seen a couple of times. And that was when I was near the Royal Palace.

"Prince Louis is a very lucky man," the driver broke the silence and looked at me through the mirror.

"Thank you," was all I said. It was a nice compliment, but I wasn't really interested in making conversation. Although I couldn't deny the butterflies I felt when he said that, because I felt lucky to have him. I could only hope Louis felt the same way.