Chapter 47

Hello, everyone! I hope you all have had an awesome day. Let me know your thoughts on this chapter and don't forget to look after yourselves.
Enjoy!

Ava POV

Honestly, I was crying way too much about all of this. This was too much of a habit. It became a part of my daily schedule a while ago.

It was as though everything reminded me of Louis. Ice cream, gazebos, flowers. Even when somebody walked past me in a hoodie, my mind thought it was Louis immediately.

Knocks echoed in my room, breaking me from my pessimistic thoughts.

"Ava?" A voice called out. "Are you in there?"

I wiped my eyes with my sleeves and cleared my throat. "You can come in."

The door opened slowly and Quinnie crept in, Olivia a few steps behind.

"Hey, A," Quinnie smiled before noticing my puffy eyes. "You alright?"

"Yeah."

"Girl, it's clear you aren't," Olivia quipped, earning a not-so-subtle elbow in the side from Quin. "Ow."

"So, what's wrong?"

"It's nothing new, just," I sighed, "I started thinking about Louis again."

That was enough for the two to understand as they nodded in agreement, not needing any further explanation.

"I just miss him so much." I tried to find the right words, struggling to form a sentence. "I-It feels like my heart is drowning and I can't save myself and the only person who can, I pushed away."

Liv grasped my shaking hands in hers, dropping her head down to look me in the eye.

"I think you should try moving on," she suggested softly.

"What do you mean?" I sniffed. "That's what I've been doing for the past eight months."

"No," she sighed, "like, actually move on. With another person."

"What?"

No, I couldn't, that wouldn't be right, wouldn't feel right. How could I do that to Louis? But he's already moved on too. And I was the one who caused him to.

"But," I started, "how would that help? It wouldn't make me forget Louis."

"That's true, but it might help you deal with all of this," she explained. "Who knows? You might even find another guy."

Yeah, right. Like that would happen.

But she had a point. Why shouldn't I try moving on? I knew exactly why, but maybe I should at least try.

I wiped my eyes. "It's weird seeing you be serious."

Liv chuckled. "Yeah, well, don't get used to it. It was a once-in-a-lifetime experience."

We laughed, and I got a warm feeling in my chest that I hadn't felt in a while. It's been some time since I haven't been a complete downer.

"Thanks, guys, but I think I need some time alone. Besides, it's getting late."

The two nodded. "Alright then, we'll see you tomorrow?"

I smiled, nodding gently, and waved goodbye as they left.

While talking to Quinnie and Olivia helped at the beginning, it didn't so much anymore. I knew what Quinnie thought about all of this, and I'm sure Olivia thought similarly, so it was more me trying to justify my choices to them.

Talking about all of this with my mum didn't help as much as I thought it would. I had hoped that I would have been able to move past all of this by now, but of course, it was just getting worse. Lucky me.