Chapter 34

Ava POV

"That's our shift," I looked up from my phone at Louis. I had given up on trying to get him to stop coming to my work. He always had some reason to come. There had only been a total of three times when he wasn't able to stay with me.

I didn't mind that he join me at work - I actually really liked it. I got to spend more time with him and was still able to get work done. Well, most of the time. He was very good at distracting me.

Louis smiled widely. "Great, so I'll pick you up at 7 pm." He kissed my cheek and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and Louis began to walk away.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked him, confused. He stopped walking and turned around.

"Right, I forgot to tell you." He smiled.

My eyes narrowed at him. "Forgot to tell me what?"

Louis' smile grew. "I'm taking you out tonight."

I crossed my arms, staring at Louis. "Thanks for asking-"

"You're welcome."

I rolled my eyes. "But I already have plans tonight. I gotta do the bills tonight."

Louis pretended to think and eventually shook his head. "No, I think I'll see you at 7."

"You can see me at 7 tomorrow, but not tonight. Sorry, Louis." I took a few steps towards him and gave him a quick peck on the lips and readjusted his hood. "I'm sure whatever you had planned was fun."

He pouted before his face lit up. "Wait, do you have any spare time now?" I squinted my eyes slightly and nodded hesitantly. His hands flew off my waist but he gave me a kiss on the tip of my nose and he took his phone out of his pocket. I stood there awkwardly as he went through his phone. He did that for a few seconds before he looked back up at me.

"Alright then, let's go."

I gave him a look. "Go where?"

"Out." He offered me his hand, and I put mine in his.

"Ok, but we should probably stop by my house so I can get changed," I suggested, but Louis shook his head.

"Nope, you look gorgeous as is." I smiled at the compliment but pulled on his hand when he began walking.

"Thank you, but I'd like to get out of my work clothes."

Louis turned his head to me and closed his eyes with a sigh, opening them to look at me blankly.

"Ava, if you don't come with me now, I'll have to make you." I tilted my head with a small smirk.

"That's what she said." I smiled, but then looked up in consideration. "Well, he said." Louis rolled his eyes and I chuckled.

"But seriously - is that a challenge?"

"If you want it to be." He stared at me intently, waiting for my response, and I smiled inwardly.

I waited a couple of moments before I spoke. "Well, I want to go to my house to get cha-" My talking broke into a squeal when Louis grabbed my hips and lifted me over his shoulder. He held onto me tightly as I hung over his shoulder and started walking.

"Louis, what are you doing?! Put me down?!" All he did was laugh as I punched his back, but it was difficult considering the fact that I was draped over Louis' shoulder.

"Oh, mon étoile, you always seem to think that I won't bite back. It's adorable." Louis chuckled as he held my legs tightly. I tried to get out of his grip, but gave up quickly when I realised I was getting nowhere, and just let Louis take me where ever he was going.